How do I create multiple lights and shadows ?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello!

First, as always, sorry for my english ;)

Second, yes, I tried the search option and yes, I found some relevant topics. But the linked .capx files don't work after all the years, so I feel free to create a new topic to ressurrect this request (please have compassion).

I still use C2 (i know) and I want to create an coop-shooter for two players on one screen. For a darker atmosphere I want to use lights and shadows and an limited view.

For an singleplayer game the solution is easy, but how do I realize that with two players/lightsources?

For one player I would use an "Shadow Light" object, that is always (pinned) to the player-position. The walls and other objects use the behavior "ShadowCaster". For an limited view I use an non-transparent black layer with "forced own texture" and an sprite (pinned to player) with blend mode "destination out". I think everybody knows this solution ;)

But when I want to do this also for player 2, the shadow from player 1 covered up player 2 and vice versa.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks and greetings from Austria :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)