Which Cordova builder should I use for iOS?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
City builder
$19.99 USD
Template for city builder, fully documented in comment and video
  • Hello all,

I realise there are many threads with such titles as, 'how do i make iphone games' and the like. I have looked through these and have not come to a definitive answer for which builder to use; Phonegap? Cocoon.io? XDK? Cocoon.io looks the easiest option, and I see a wealth of tutorials for it combined with Google Play - but can it also publish to the Apple App Store easily?

I would really appreciate any feedback on these platforms in regards to easy publishing for iOS.

Thanks in advance

• Well XDK will cease to exist this summer.

Cocoon is nice, but you will have to shell out hundreds of $ to remove the splashcreen if it bothers you.

I personally like Phonegap, it's free, no splashcreen and has short compiling time. For iOS (and other platforms) , you will have to read the doc on how to configure your project (setting up the icons and such in the config.xml ).

None of these services are problem-free, but most of the time the solution can be found online.

• Well XDK will cease to exist this summer.

Cocoon is nice, but you will have to shell out hundreds of $ to remove the splashcreen if it bothers you.

I personally like Phonegap, it's free, no splashcreen and has short compiling time. For iOS (and other platforms) , you will have to read the doc on how to configure your project (setting up the icons and such in the config.xml ).

None of these services are problem-free, but most of the time the solution can be found online.

Thank you thats interesting info.

Now that you have said Phonegap seems to be your winner, do you know if the Construct 2 IAP and Game Centre standard plugins still function after export in Phonegap, unlike Cocoon which uses its own custom made plugins?

I see the tutorial by Ashley on exporting with Cordova, which also has a brief summary on PhoneGap. However, it does not mention 'setting up the icons and such in the config.xml'. Do you know of any other tutorials of more detail?

• [quote:285xtao5]do you know if the Construct 2 IAP and Game Centre standard plugins still function after export in Phonegap

I've never used them before but they should work.

For the configuration:

http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap-build ... nd-splash/

Its better for you to test both, there isn't a huge learning curve for neither of them, so that won't take you a lot of time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:3maufv2m]do you know if the Construct 2 IAP and Game Centre standard plugins still function after export in Phonegap

I've never used them before but they should work.

For the configuration:

http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap-build ... nd-splash/

Its better for you to test both, there isn't a huge learning curve for neither of them, so that won't take you a lot of time.

Ok thanks - that looks like its what I need. I will try with Phonegap first and get back to you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)