How do I make a connecting match-3?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
snake and ladder game with two characters: turtle and rabbit!
  • redrocket

For example you want to make the grid 6x6 that equal to 36 piece, you need to make change to some values in event sheet. The example has 5x5 grid that makes 25 in total. Change everything in event with value of 5 with 6 and value of 25 with 36. Another thing to consider is spawning point. Previously the spawning point was 256 for it's Y position, so we need to put it 'higher' with lower value for example 100. Change everything with value of 256 with 100.

To sum it up, modify the values at event 27, 28, 29, 31, & 32

• redrocket

For example you want to make the grid 6x6 that equal to 36 piece, you need to make change to some values in event sheet. The example has 5x5 grid that makes 25 in total. Change everything in event with value of 5 with 6 and value of 25 with 36. Another thing to consider is spawning point. Previously the spawning point was 256 for it's Y position, so we need to put it 'higher' with lower value for example 100. Change everything with value of 256 with 100.

To sum it up, modify the values at event 27, 28, 29, 31, & 32

Okay. What I've done is simply added 5 more blocks below the 25 already displayed. That gives me 30 total. I've modified your capx a little and I just followed the above steps, however, the blocks are still not respawning correctly and breaks the fill.

• Never mind. I found the error. It was at event 28. I didn't increment the row.check to reflect the additional row. It's working now.

• alextro - Do you have a solution for the block gravity system to handle irregular layouts?

o o o o  
    o o o o o o
    o o o o o o
    o o o o o o
      o o o o  

o = block
    [/code:2kkj4drp]
  • Tetriser

Well it's kinda implemented in my "Candy Can Combo" template. But the logic is simple. You might still remember previous example from my collapse puzzle:

It use 'peg' to determine rows. So in your case you just need to adapt it to determine columns. Record how many piece for each column at the start of layout. By your example, first peg record value of 3 pieces, second peg record value of 5 pieces and so on.

• alextro - Well, I'll try it later.

• Sorry for the late reply,

It seems that I wasn't know how to make the 'peg' detecting columns. My own workarounds only tearing down the filling. Well, I'm pretty new to this.

So, can you assist me with some little event snippets or something?

• Alright I'll work on the quest you ask for. Just wait till I finish it.

• Thanks,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here the flexible version with less events, reducing complication: connect_match.capx

• alextro - Thank you! Looks better than the previous!

• alextro,

what happens if/when there is not more connections?

• Sorry to bother you again,

But how can I implement special tiles? And like what jogosgratispro told, how to detect when there's no possible connections?

• jogosgratispro & Tetriser

That would be another thing to implement since detecting possible match would be drain extra logic to build (my excuse).

Special tiles? I have no idea for now so I'll leave the code as it is.

• alextro - Well, thanks again. If you have figured a solution, tell me anytime.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)