How do I do click and fling objects?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Simple, negative, pozitive
  • Okay so a while ago I made a game in GameMaker: Studio where you would click on the character and kind of swipe the mouse in a direction and when you let go of the left mouse button the character would be tossed in the direction, bounce off the wall he hit and keep moving, while slowing down from the friction. Does anyone know any tutorials/forum posts/anything that could point me in the direction of how to do this on Construct 2? I lost the game on my old computer and I wanted to revisit it and see what I could do with it in C2 rather than GMS. Any input is extremely welcomed!

• Here is one approach, you can switch to physics for a more precise control of the movement.

[attachment=0:uhpboduw][/attachment:uhpboduw]

• Thank you!!! Ill check it out, I found one with a basket ball also, so maybe looking at both of them I can piece something together!

• Here is one approach, you can switch to physics for a more precise control of the movement.

[attachment=0:1vexsrtq][/attachment:1vexsrtq]

Thanks! Its like 90% perfect! I never thought of using the bullet behavior for it, thats genius!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're welcome!

• one last question for you, Ive been playing around with it but I just cant seem to get it to work. Basically I need to get the sprite to rotate and point in the direction its moving after you filing it... im sure its really damn easy, I just have no idea where Id find that info or figure that out.

• Just move the angle action to on mouse release

[attachment=0:1ksupuo6][/attachment:1ksupuo6]

• oh okay that makes sense. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)