How do I add touch control for my platformer game?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Since I had some time now, I made an example...

You can check it at . Or use the QR below, if you don't want to type the whole address in your phone.

[attachment=0:15gwbr5v][/attachment:15gwbr5v]

The .capx can be downloaded at EDIT: It doesn't include the last fix made by Minor, since we were working in parallel, so you'll have to do some merging.

Hello, if I want to set only the left, right and down with the control anchors and Jump button to be a fixed position button on the bottom right hand corner. Would it still work? Thanks.

• I made a "Crouch" animation when I press down.

But I want to make it stand when down is released. I made it but it somehow disabled my "Running" animation.

Now my character is like only has Crouch or Stand(Idle) animation and move with and Idle pose only(like sliding on ice).

Is there anything wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• I was away... World Cup Finals. Back now. I'll take a look as soon as I get home.

• I was away... World Cup Finals. Back now. I'll take a look as soon as I get home.

Thanks in advance!

• Can you attach the latest capx, please?

• Can you attach the latest capx, please?

Here is the capx. Thank you so much!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have a similar question, how do i make it so when i tap a certain area the player will turn to it?

• I have a comment, not related to your question, but that I believe is a valid point to improve your game. Stay away from an absolute joystick for this platform game of yours, Touch screens have no tactile feedback, so it's very easy for the player to "lose" the arrows positions.

A touch relative joystick, that is, a joystick that anchors itself where the player touches, might be a better choice. It's easy to implement and your players will have a far better experience.

If you have any problem implementing such a controller, just PM me or tag me in a thread and I could walk you through.

I'm trying to make a touch joystick so that where ever it points the player points. Please tell me how to make said joystick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)