Unity 3D is now filled with tons of bugs, C2 is way better

From the Asset Store
Construct 3 Plugin Unity Ads, Banner, Interstitial Ads, Video (Support C3 build service)

You can't do these effects or mechanics with c2... Alto's Adventure.

Don't get me wrong, C2 is excellent for non-coders, but it's limited by the tech if the wrappers we're forced to rely upon. And it simply cannot do dynamic lighting (or physics?) like this game.

A game like that is very very doable in C2.

> ... For 2D games Construct2 is now officially better than Unity 3D.

>

I think mahdi71 isn't necessarily wrong with his argument that you shouldn't compare those engines with each another but nonetheless it's your opinion.

My opinion would be that both of the engines have their issues but Unity still to this day, delivers the better end-product with almost no 3rd party exporting hassle.

If you compare the amount of bugfixes that Unity gets per update, it should be pretty even with C2's side of bugfixing.

Usually one Unity update alone fixes 5 times the amount of bugs that a C2 update does (not counting the amount of additional features they add).

To sum it up, for me the end-product is important and C2's end-product is acceptable and the game development fits with all my needs.

In the end the price, usability and support lead to my decision to keep on working with C2 instead of Unity but that is my opinion and doesn't proof that "C2 won the fight", both engines are too different to easily compare them with one other and of course both of them come with their own kind of limitations and bugs.

I don't want to "trigger" you with the following but this topic feels more like the start of another unnecessary rant instead of a fair comparison.

Please just make sure you are fair and got all the facts and not just the negative things and say that "this is better than...".

However I'm not going to stop you or anything, you can post whatever you like to post.

No what you did was a rant haha. I posted links to show what I was talking about and kept it short. Ok well help me then I want you to find a mobile unity game that came out this year that has equal amount of onscreen action as the Android game I made. The game I made is in my signature, it has 25+ enemies onscreen plus explosions with no slowdown. Go find a Unity Android game right now that has that and then we can talk more.

No what you did was a rant haha. I posted links to show what I was talking about and kept it short. Ok well help me then I want you to find a mobile unity game that came out this year that has equal amount of onscreen action as the Android game I made. The game I made is in my signature, it has 25+ enemies onscreen plus explosions with no slowdown. Go find a Unity Android game right now that has that and then we can talk more.

There are a ton of 2D/3D Unity games that run better than Construct 2's 2D wrapped games on the market (I found THIS list which might help with practical examples).

Besides the obvious event/code optimizations which affect performance, Unity's native export is easier to handle and runs better, propably because it doesn't have to do all the additional work that a wrapped browser game has to do. (I don't want to start a Native VS Wrapper discussion with this argument.)

The only thing that bugged me out were your arguments (opinion or not), that are so vague and only seem to target the bugs section of Unity.

I don't really want to discuss about what's better since this would be the 4th (?) topic about "which engine is better...", which wouldn't differ much from the previous ones.

I mentioned everything in my previous post and you could take that as a fair comparison.

I personally think that a topic with a pretty clickbaity title "...C2 is way better", isn't fair without proper comparisons.

It just feels like that this would go the way of people fighting for which game engine they like more.

> No what you did was a rant haha. I posted links to show what I was talking about and kept it short. Ok well help me then I want you to find a mobile unity game that came out this year that has equal amount of onscreen action as the Android game I made. The game I made is in my signature, it has 25+ enemies onscreen plus explosions with no slowdown. Go find a Unity Android game right now that has that and then we can talk more.

>

There are a ton of 2D/3D Unity games that run better than Construct 2's 2D wrapped games on the market (I found THIS list which might help with practical examples).

Besides the obvious event/code optimizations which affect performance, Unity's native export is easier to handle and runs better, propably because it doesn't have to do all the additional work that a wrapped browser game has to do. (I don't want to start a Native VS Wrapper discussion with this argument.)

The only thing that bugged me out were your arguments (opinion or not), that are so vague and only seem to target the bugs section of Unity.

I don't really want to discuss about what's better since this would be the 4th (?) topic about "which engine is better...", which wouldn't differ much from the previous ones.

I mentioned everything in my previous post and you could take that as a fair comparison.

I personally think that a topic with a pretty clickbaity title "...C2 is way better", isn't fair without proper comparisons.

It just feels like that this would go the way of people fighting for which game engine they like more.

Ok lets break this down simply.

1) I didn't post to the bugs section of Unity , I posted the Android,IOS, and Windows section where they used to talk mostly about game development . Now there are so many bugs in Unity they mostly talk about bugs. So you just lied right there saying that I targeted the bugs section of Unity which I did not. So my point was not vague because I posted evidence of what I am saying.

2) I was not vague when I said post a game made this year with Unity that has a ton of onscreen action as my game has. All you posted was a link of all Unity mobile games which again your being vague while I am being specific. I said this year because this year Unity has taken a step back while Construct2 has taken leaps forward.

3) The 1st 2 games on that list are not even on googleplay verified by appbrain. Wonder why? Maybe they stoped working properly for android.

So instead of reading what I wrote all you just doing is fighting for Unity . You didn't answer my questions and you lied saying I posted the bugs section when I posted links to the Android,IOS, and windows sub forums in Unity. So can you stop being vague and show me a game made this year that has tons of actions with Unity. I am not talking about the past when Unity was kicking Construct 2 butt. I am talking this year where COnstruct2 is better for mobile then Unity!!

Ok lets break this down simply.

1) I didn't post to the bugs section of Unity

Come down from your high horse buddy, no need to be so salty about this.

This is pretty much the proof that you aim for a battle here and don't want to talk in a polite/non-insulting way.

I made comparisons and gave fair arguments, I did never "fight" for anything here.

I said it might be what you were looking for, I don't want to do the work for you.

You should be able to find some 2D games on the overpopulated marketplace, if you need practical examples to win the "fight" that you are clearly aiming for here.

To make it clear, both engines have their ups and downs and what you prefer is up to you.

If you want to go on discussing, I'm up for it but please explain me the way that you were heading with this topic, so I can adapt and discuss about what you were aiming for.

Danny)]Come down from your high horse buddy, no need to be so salty about this.

This is pretty much the proof that you aim for a battle here and don't want to talk in a polite/non-insulting way.

1) You insult me by straight up you lying saying that I posted the bug section of Unity. I posted the Android,IOS, and Windows sections not the bug sections. So in order to win an arguement you lied period.

Danny)I made comparisons and gave fair arguments, I did never "fight" for anything here.

2)No you did not another lie . You posted a list where the 1st 2 games are not even avalible for the googleplay store verified by appbrain. You did not give me one game to compare.

Danny)I said it might be what you were looking for, I don't want to do the work for you.

You should be able to find some 2D games on the overpopulated marketplace, if you need practical examples to win the "fight" that you are clearly aiming for here.

3) If you not going to bring an example , then what is your arguement? I said there has not been 1 Unity game this year that for Android that features the amount of action that Blast AD has onscreen. So I gave you a specific example and you have not. Ok how about you find games that beat this list I made of featured and popular Construct 2 games

Danny)To make it clear, both engines have their ups and downs and what you prefer is up to you.

If you want to go on discussing, I'm up for it but please explain me the way that you were heading with this topic, so I can adapt and discuss about what you were aiming for.

4) Yes if your making 3D games go to Unity. But for 2D games I am saying Construct 2 runs faster than Unity. Also note I said this year and I keep saying that because for years Unity has been superior to Construct 2 on the mobile space. This year however the tides have turned is what I am saying and proving. I honestly think you don't understand how much improvement Construct 2 has made this year.

You insult me by straight up you lying saying that I posted the bug section of Unity

Where is the insult?

Yes I cut down the words to "bugs section" because you are clearly aiming for bugs with this topic, even the title says that.

I did never say that you are a "liar", nor did I ever personally attacked your opinions in any way.

4) Yes if your making 3D games go to Unity. But for 2D games I am saying Construct 2 runs faster than Unity.

If you know that C2 games run faster than Unity, why do you need examples in the first place?

In my opinion native apps will always run better than wrapped ones, however that doesn't mean that wrapped games are necessarily worse performance wise.

We're currently in a time were wrapped games run acceptably well, that you can almost feel no difference to their native competitors anymore.

I would like to ask you one more time to turn down and be less "passive aggressive" about this, I'm just trying to bring some more general arguments about C2 and Unity.

If you are as passionate in looking for examples as you are here with commenting, you will surely be able to make a Unity 2D game and do measurements by yourself.

Share the results if you please.

>

> You insult me by straight up you lying saying that I posted the bug section of Unity

>

>

Where is the insult?

Yes I cut down the words to "bugs section" because you are clearly aiming for bugs with this topic, even the title says that.

I did never say that you are a "liar", nor did I ever personally attacked your opinions in any way.

>

> 4) Yes if your making 3D games go to Unity. But for 2D games I am saying Construct 2 runs faster than Unity.

>

>

If you know that C2 games run faster than Unity, why do you need examples in the first place?

In my opinion native apps will always run better than wrapped ones, however that doesn't mean that wrapped games are necessarily worse performance wise.

We're currently in a time were wrapped games run acceptably well, that you can almost feel no difference to their native competitors anymore.

I would like to ask you one more time to turn down and be less "passive aggressive" about this, I'm just trying to bring some more general arguments about C2 and Unity.

If you are as passionate in looking for examples as you are here with commenting, you will surely be able to make a Unity 2D game and do measurements by yourself.

Share the results if you please.

1) You cannot say me saying Android,IOS, and Windows section is equal to "bug section" that honestly thats straight BS and got me mad cause your excuse for a lie is worst than the actual lie. A bug section is a bug section and an Android section is an Android section.

Construct 2 does run like native games this year because of the newest runtime of crosswalk that adds its own browser to the game that has most of the native features. Its still missing 2 important native features like IAP and support for every AD network. Performance wise the COnstruct 2 is faster than Unity in 2 D games this year.

But when it comes to performance for example the Unity game Guerrilla Bob is the only one that has close to the amount of action of Blast AD. So what happened? That game crashed and the developers where forced to take out the multiplayer portion out of the game. Even with multiplayer taken out, Gerrilla Bob randomly crashes on devices like mine the Note 4. Also if you look at the updates reviews on the game some report it doesn't even work anymore on thier device. Blast AD works on 3 year old to current devices. I picked Guerrilla Bob as an example because thats a featured game made by popular developers compare to basically is a game made by someone who only used COnstruct 2 for about a year.

You cannot say me saying Android,IOS, and Windows section is equal to "bug section" that honestly thats straight BS and got me mad cause your excuse for a lie is worst than the actual lie. A bug section is a bug section and an Android section is an Android section.

---

"...android section looks like the bug report section go look"

For me this looks like you just wanted us to add insult to injury.

Sorry to say the following but I don't want to go on like this.

You seem to misinterpret a lot and go full on defence mode about any kind of criticism about C2.

If other community members want to add something to whatever you aim for with this topic, they can feel free to do so.

I don't want to spend my free time discussion about things that you misinterpret.

~Have a good day, I'm out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Flamewars get threads closed, so closed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)