Unimpressed

0 favourites
  • Being able to do Developing, Programming, and Customer Service all at the same time deserves 100,000,000 hugs and an air balloon trip to Tiki Tiki Island.

• Actually, I think that this is a very good/important post. Some people see it as complaining... but it's actually an open criticism, like a product review... we see those on Amazon every day, and it really helps people make informed decisions. Wronghands gave me something to think about, as I look into the possibility of purchasing a License.

Accurate and fair assessments should always be encouraged... if we filter out the negative ones, then that's really just the definition of bias. There is already enough of that in the world.

It also gave Ashley the opportunity to provide even more information about this topic...

As was said... posts that you don't find useful... you should simply ignore. Someone, like myself, might very much appreciate it.

Encouragement. Not discouragement.

• if we filter out the negative ones, then that's really just the definition of bias.

And yet you want to filter out negative comments relating to the OP?

If people are told to ignore a post, that's only self-serving, as only the people who agree with the OP will post... Also if the OP is slightly controversial, then how can you not respond with your opinions? It's just human nature.

• > if we filter out the negative ones, then that's really just the definition of bias.

>

And yet you want to filter out negative comments relating to the OP?

The idea is not to protect comments... merely because they are comments. The idea is to protect all *C2 Related* comments, in C2 discussion areas. There should be a free flow of info and opinions about *C2*.

I would think that yes, it would be best for people to voluntarily filter out all messages dedicated to, for example "Miley Cyrus" in C2 forums. Maintaining a bias free environment for Miley Cyrus postings is pointless.

There should be a strong discrimination in favor of *C2* discussion. Therefore calls for the elimination of C2 discussion are uniquely ill suited for posting here... being philosophically contrary to the purpose of the forum.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

• I've seen issues like this happen between IDE versions (Visual Studio and .NET updates), and library updates (an Allegro update from one build to the next once broke one of my games completely), however in that case the main solutions are to re-code or revert program version.

I think it's always pros VS cons when there are breaking changes, but in C2's specific case this is generally a pro. There have been some bugs introduced at times that were quickly fixed in the next beta, but once you've got all the features you need to use for your game you should stay on that build version until your game is done, release the game, then store a copy of the C2 installer with that build when you archive it.

I can definitely understand the frustration when you're trying to find the broken/changed parts between builds, so maybe a list of every possible breaking change in one spot would be nice to have

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Better to have a few breaking changes, then have to deal with crippling legacy/ backwards compatibility.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)