tokenat, global var & function problem

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • I've never heard of any language that could do that, although I'm sure somebody will come along and prove otherwise.

• I've never heard of any language that could do that, although I'm sure somebody will come along and prove otherwise.

Well it's not exactly turning string in to variable, but turning string in to a variable name ( that is already set ), so it can request it's value.

• You can use the Dictionary if you need this type of functionality.

• You can use the Dictionary if you need this type of functionality.

ok, will look in to it. Thanks for the advice.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's kind of like that Star Trek episode where the aliens only spoke in metaphors.

If you don't know what the metaphor is referencing it means noting to you.

Basically its out of scope to the computer.

• That's kind of like that Star Trek episode where the aliens only spoke in metaphors.

Yeah, that's why having a converter would be a cool thing. I might actually try and make one with events. Atm, I'm still doing it in a slog way, by comparing variable, and setting two local vars values to global vars values.

Lol.

...is looking for an expression that turns a string into a variable. No such functionality exists in C2

Oh, I missed that, yip, no such functionality, I think your dictionary suggestion is right on target. Dictionary is a great choice as you can create both "name" and "key" so will suit this much better.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)