Text and local variable.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • That is actual very easy to show, so you dont have to take me on my word.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezceqtejd2u3x ... .capx?dl=0

In fact, it is not exactly known when a trigger fires insight the tick. For the 'hardware readers' (mouse, keyboard, Ajax) there is no rule. It depends on the device and on the browser. Some triggers just have to run at the start of a tick, else they dont make sense. The 'On landed' by instance. Platform has a 'push out of solid' routine. Evaluating a position under 'On landed' should give the position after the 'push out of solid', even if you set the position to something else later in the events.

The only thing that is for sure, is that a trigger fires only once in the same tick.

A Group is just a condition as all other conditions. It has a system Boolean 'activated', false or true. And it will evaluate that Boolean every tick. Every condition under a condition is a sub condition.

So, again. What happens of you bury a trigger (there are false triggers too) deep (or not that deep) down in sub events ? It triggers and looks up to find out if it can run its actions/subs.

Do not quote me (stealing the possibility for me to erase my dumb comments, and dude, this whole forum has dumb post from me, till i learned something about the subject) and then offer to erase your own posts. Tyvm.

It's unusual behavior for me, no programming language I've learned has a condition that works like that.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks!.

• yea

Im still trying to get my head around it.

looking at 99Instances2Go's capx

even if you deactivate the group on start of layout, or even just right click disable the group in the editor, the trigger still runs if the set text code is outside the group!!!!

This is screwing with my head. just when I though i was understanding C2,,,,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yea

Im still trying to get my head around it.

looking at 99Instances2Go's capx

even if you deactivate the group on start of layout, or even just right click disable the group in the editor, the trigger still runs if the set text code is outside the group!!!!

This is screwing with my head. just when I though i was understanding C2,,,,

Yes, it seems that the trigger works with the group disabled but its actions (in case of shooting) will not be performed.

• Dont stop being a noob. I would not have learned 1 thing without being a noob myself + combined with all the other noobs on this forum. The main goal is to learn (for me it is)

I acted (yeah my toes are to long, i apologise) as i did because i took you as 'no noob'.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)