[Suggestion] About sounds

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
75 explosion sound effects. Essential for many games, Explosions Sounds contains a mix of explosion and impact sounds.
  • I did a sound looping perfectly by using FL Studio, and after exporting it play perfectly on player, without gap, but when on Preview on the browser, you can hear the gap.

That race car game I shared on another topic have a engine stroke sound, I did the sound 10 times longer to avoid the gap on every stroke, but when it finish, gap, start over again, etc.

If the sound played as intended, one single stroke could be sufficient (because the sound is a sequence of a single stroke in looping for 10 times), just making the sound to loop, also, We could increase the play rate between each stroke to simulate the gain of engine rotation.

• TELLES0808

I guess I could see some usefulness in Sound Families, but I don't think they're really all that needed. Tags work really well in conjunction with global variables, and calling each individual sound isn't that big of a deal, especially since you can call sounds by name now rather than have to use a drag and drop list, in case you wanted to call sounds via variables or something. Still, it might streamline certain soundsets a bit more depending upon your project, though I doubt I'd ever have need for Sound Families (and I'm a musician!).

inkBot

Are you talking about intro tracks transitioning seamlessly into the loop section, or the loop section itself not repeating seamlessly?

For the first one, are you experiencing this while previewing or are did you play it uploaded online? I've experienced an issue during previewing where the intro and loop sections had a noticeable gap, but when they were uploaded to dropbox and played online the gap was gone. Of course, I had to make sure the loop was preloaded at the start of the layout before the intro finished so that it could just play it instantly. I also opted to import the music as "Sounds" and play them as "Sounds", mostly because I feel I get a better sound and better loop.

If you're talking about the loop having a gap between repetitions, then I don't know what to tell you. I tend to test on Chrome and all my looping tracks loop fine (at least when they're played online).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you talking about intro tracks transitioning seamlessly into the loop section, or the loop section itself not repeating seamlessly?

Both.

For the first one, are you experiencing this while previewing or are did you play it uploaded online?

Both.

I also opted to import the music as "Sounds" and play them as "Sounds", mostly because I feel I get a better sound and better loop.

Haven't tried that, not completely sure why there would be be much of a difference.

• TELLES0808

I guess I could see some usefulness in Sound Families, but I don't think they're really all that needed. Tags work really well in conjunction with global variables, and calling each individual sound isn't that big of a deal, especially since you can call sounds by name now rather than have to use a drag and drop list, in case you wanted to call sounds via variables or something. Still, it might streamline certain soundsets a bit more depending upon your project, though I doubt I'd ever have need for Sound Families (and I'm a musician!).

inkBot

Are you talking about intro tracks transitioning seamlessly into the loop section, or the loop section itself not repeating seamlessly?

For the first one, are you experiencing this while previewing or are did you play it uploaded online? I've experienced an issue during previewing where the intro and loop sections had a noticeable gap, but when they were uploaded to dropbox and played online the gap was gone. Of course, I had to make sure the loop was preloaded at the start of the layout before the intro finished so that it could just play it instantly. I also opted to import the music as "Sounds" and play them as "Sounds", mostly because I feel I get a better sound and better loop.

If you're talking about the loop having a gap between repetitions, then I don't know what to tell you. I tend to test on Chrome and all my looping tracks loop fine (at least when they're played online).

Thank you TL22, I think it can help beginners, but not sure. As a suggestion, it need to be analysed, and if really helpful, made.

• I imported the files as sounds instead of music and it now loops seamlessly for the most part.

Seems the issue mainly lies with how C2 handles the "music" part.

• Yes, sound families would be great. Right now i try too make a smart solution for a "sondFX on/off switcher" for the user and families would be very helpful for this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)