Hi, Ashley. Some suggestions for the sprite editor in case you haven't them in the list already:
1. Pencil: Add a pointer instead of mouse pointer only to mark where pixel will be:
<img src="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2472278/pencilpointer.PNG" border="0" />
Either the left or right one.
2. Brush: I noticed that depending on the hardness the brush can be more round or entirelly square. Maybe add two shortcuts to go directly to a circle brush and a square brush ?
3. Maybe add snap to grid if one wants to draw in a size bigger than 1x1 This should be easy to add and really helpful
4. Now that we can draw sprites directly an animation preview ? Really helpful too.
5. Palette support. This can stay on end of list.
Most of them are just usability improvements really nothing complex. Just the #4 and #5 could take more work. Really for pixel work the editor is practically perfect. Of course you're really busy but when you tackle the editor again consider them :D Thanks!