Sprite distortion on editor mode

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hello guys.

I'm having an annoying problem in editor mode. When I import big files from my pc and place it in my layout, it gets really distorted. It's seems like it have been "squeezed" or something. When I Run my layout, it appears normally, without a problem, it's only in editor mode.

I took some screenshots:

Editor mode

Running layout

Image editor

It's really bad cause I get confused in where to put the other elements.

I'm asking this question here cause I'm not sure if it is a C2 bug or something with my pc.

Anyone knows whats happening? (Sorry the bad englhish though)

• What version of C2 are you using?

What is you system setup - GPU etc?

This could just be that you need to update your graphics driver.

If you provide your .capx, then we can test it for you to see if we also get the same issue. If we do, then it may be a C2 bug.

• i am having the same problem, is not the project file because it happens in every project (sorry for the terrible english)

If it is a bug pls fix it fast as possible

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's likely a graphics driver bug, try updating your graphics card driver.

• It is not a bug in the graphics driver, because multiple times i the updated driver, formatted my pc reinstalled the program and nothing happened.

• That doesn't rule out driver bug, but it may also be a limit of your graphics card, specifically the maximum texture size. There are ways of finding out what size that is and knowing the graphics card is one way.

At what size does the image start getting distorted? Usually the texture size limit is a multiple of 2 like 1024x1024, 2048x2048, 4096x4096, etc...

The image in your images is 2500x188 so maybe the max texure size is 2048x2048 for your card, but that's just a guess.

The texture is fine when you run it which makes me think the canvas2d renderer is being used instead of webgl. You can check this with the "renderer" system expression. Webgl has the same limitations as the editor's renderer which uses OpenGL. Canvas2d on the other hand can handle larger image sizes but is slower than webgl.

Solution? Probably just use smaller images, or slice the image up into smaller images.

• Quickest way to resolve this is to post a link to the .capx so we can try for ourselves.

• the image begins to distort at 720x720, then the way to solve this is by changing the video card in my PC?

Here is a screnshot from the .capx :

( the image should cover the entire layout )

Here is the .capx :http://www.4shared.com/file/XefNhz04ba/Video_Bug.html?

( I dont know other way to put the .capx in the post, sory )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)