Resize the Canvas in Runtime

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Is GPU scaling still expensive to use?

Nope, but rendering is. Anyway, canvas resizing will not help, you need another way, maybe shaders or effect, or maybe you can try to resize everything in your game to make it look as needed.

• > Is GPU scaling still expensive to use?

>

Nope, but rendering is. Anyway, canvas resizing will not help, you need another way, maybe shaders or effect, or maybe you can try to resize everything in your game to make it look as needed.

Ahh, is canvas resizing not the same as using a shader to accomplish it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ahh, is canvas resizing not the same as using a shader to accomplish it?

Set canvas size

If a fullscreen mode is in use, this effectively changes the size of the Window size project property, which adjusts the size of the viewport.

Set Canvas Size just changes the window size property which adjusts the size of viewport, it doesn't stretch the game. As i understand, you want to stretch it

doubling the resolution to x2 (or tripling to x3, quad with x3, etc) and resizing the height by 1.2 to create old-skool rectangular pixels? Like how they aspect correct in SCUMMVM by doing a scale and changing 320x200 to 320x240 after the scaling

You can't stretch the game from 320x200 to 320x240, you can only change the viewport with Set Canvas Size action.

• > Ahh, is canvas resizing not the same as using a shader to accomplish it?

>

> Set canvas size

> If a fullscreen mode is in use, this effectively changes the size of the Window size project property, which adjusts the size of the viewport.

>

Set Canvas Size just changes the window size property which adjusts the size of viewport, it doesn't stretch the game. As i understand, you want to stretch it

> doubling the resolution to x2 (or tripling to x3, quad with x3, etc) and resizing the height by 1.2 to create old-skool rectangular pixels? Like how they aspect correct in SCUMMVM by doing a scale and changing 320x200 to 320x240 after the scaling

>

You can't stretch the game from 320x200 to 320x240, you can only change the viewport with Set Canvas Size action.

Here's a quote from scummvm:

[quote:29eqzzh8]Most games supported by ScummVM were designed to be played at a screen resolution of 320x200 using rectangular pixels (higher than they were wide). Most modern systems however are using square pixels, which means that the image appears to be squeezed vertically and the characters look wider and shorter than they should. If this option is checked, ScummVM corrects for this by stretching the game window to a resolution of 320x240 which with square pixels looks the same as 320x200 on old monitors. As with Graphic filters, this takes a little processing power to achieve. We can combine this with a Graphic filter, and for example with a scaling of x2 the window size will be 640x480 instead of 640x400.

I'm trying to work out if canvas size should be set at all? What shader would be best for upscaling in C2? I thik the Somebody scale shader would be fine to stretch, but the game first needs upscaling evenly by x2 or x3, etc.

• I'm trying to work out if canvas size should be set at all? What shader would be best for upscaling in C2? I thik the Somebody scale shader would be fine to stretch, but the game first needs upscaling evenly by x2 or x3, etc.

I don't use shaders, so can't advice anything, however something like "On Start of layout -> Set Canvas Size (OriginalWindowWidth*2 x OriginalWindowHeight*2) & Set Layout Scale to 2 & Set Fullscreen Scalling to Low Quality" + Point sampling + Pixel Rounding: On + Scale shader may work... If it's not, then Set Canvas Size is not what you need.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)