[Request] Printing Event sheet

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • I have to say also that a Print for event sheets and such would be a nifty little helper. Weird it has not been implemented since it was asked for, for a couple years now.

• +1 to printing! that would be very helpful

• .... A second monitor would do the trick too....

you know that you can see 2 event sheets at the same time? if you drag and drop them near each other that will save you the 2nd monitor and you can copy paste directly the same codes from one project to another if the objects , variables are named the same there is no need for a print button really ! well unless ur doing some e-book to learn faster the codes or memorize them.

• +1 for Print option.

I commute a lot, and having a paper, or pdf on tablet is very practical way of analyzing code, making notes, scribbling ideas etc.

Now when I think about it, about 90% of "creative" part while making a game is done in a train.

• +1 for printing option. It will be handy If you could analyze, sketch, organize, add or remove things to your project, before making changes to the code.

• I just stumbled across this thread looking for how to print my event sheets.

My reason to need to print them is that sometimes I do not have access to my electronics but I would like to still have my code to error-check during these times.

Yes, there are actually times when I don't have access to a computer and, no, I do not live in the sticks.

• Being able to print would be great for teachers who are using this for a class. I need to have students have "hard copies of work" for grades.

• Being able to print would be great for teachers who are using this for a class. I need to have students have "hard copies of work" for grades.

As a teacher I agree. It could also serve as an option to provide handouts for them.

• There's this program that can do that:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's this program that can do that:

Thank you. This could work. However I still think that this feature should be implemented, if Scirra can find time for it.

• Cant you just print screen , then save it in whatever image program you have? Then you can print the image through your printer.

• Cant you just print screen , then save it in whatever image program you have? Then you can print the image through your printer.

You can't print long event sheets like that. Scrolling down and taking new screenshots of every new part of the code would be highly unpractical. What R0J0hound suggested is a good solution, but I prefer not to use 3rd party software for such features. I think it should be built-in.

• At the very least, being able to copy/paste or export the event sheet in plain text is a feature I've been hoping for since I started using C2.

Easy sharing pseudocode via IM, forums, or email were my main use cases. It could also be used to print.

Having to screenshot, and upload and link just seemed really clunky to me. Similar for capx, and doesn't work when c2 not immediately available. Not to mention all the posing restrictions on new users on the forums.

I can imagine how formatting may be difficult though. Representing the relation between the conditions, actions, and sub events is not easily done in plain text.

• An online parser for the event sheets XML files would be great. You just upload Eventsheet.xml to the server, then you get a table like bbcode that you can paste in the forums.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)