[request] headless exporter

0 favourites
  • Fimbul

JohnnySheffield

I had tested the ability of firebase with a very small mmo demo.

Each client will communicate to some other clients by firebase. A game server might be another kind of client which control NPC or other system events.

This would be another use-case of headless exporter, since this game server does not need UI. So any user could use C2 to create game server, and run at node.js (without any database -- firebase is a database already)

Run in browser also fine for developing stage I guess.

• Especially considering all the existing npm's.

Of course I doubt those would be used easily by C2's runtime.

I don't see any problems with using existing npm's with c2runtime,. It's all javascript after all, right?

rexrainbow

Thanks for updating about your progress, i believe there are many use cases for this kind of "exporter"

Ashley

Can i kindly ask you to provide some information is this kind of functionality planned for C3? I hope headless exporter would be easier to achieve with plans to utilize nw.js for C3...

Cheers!

• JohnnySheffield

Ashley

I got trouble while running project (at previous post) on host like heroku or linode server -- they do not have any browser.

"Headless exporter" might be a better solution for those cases, to run application on node.js.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • seems the question is not only applying to c2 but for most developers over internet that uses node ... and i was trying to figure it out also this week.. till i found your post.. and seems is not possible

here is a topic for headless verison and seems that node.js already does it.. but not nodewebkit which is a different thing.

and also the phantom.js is doing same thing ... but im no plugin exporter developer.. so all this lays in your powers if you can develop a new nw.js like exporter plugin ... sounds easy but i know is not ...

ah.. and there is this repository also... git phantom nodewebkit

im just a noob dont beat me with rocks ...

however this thing may not be needed since you can install a GUI on linux ... and run ur app.. as i did (but was painfully long process)... another option... if u willing to put some server maintanance cash down... rent a windows server and its done(what im using now but its heavily expensive then a normal linux server 5x times more) ... but then just adding the ability to set window "show" to "false" in the manifest when exporting wold also do the trick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)