REQUEST - better timing for c2 engine

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • For any game with high dependence on collusion checks, I highly recommend the "slowdown" feature.

It is amazing in terms of compensation on lower frame rates and keeps everything smooth.

What is the "slowdown" feature?

• > For any game with high dependence on collusion checks, I highly recommend the "slowdown" feature.

> It is amazing in terms of compensation on lower frame rates and keeps everything smooth.

>

What is the "slowdown" feature?

It is a system action called "Set Minimum Framerate".

You set a number from 1-60 and if the framerate goes below that number the game goes into a "slow-motion" state,

which is great for compensating collusion checks on low-end devices that usually cannot get up to solid 60 frames.

However I do not recommend this feature on timer based games, it could give low-end devices an advantage because

they might get more time to react to things while the game is in slo-motion.

I usually set it to 30 because that is the framerate where collusion checks tend to get tricky to handle.

I also only recommend it on the main game layout and not on layouts where it is technically not required. (Menu layouts for example.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is a system action called "Set Minimum Framerate".

You set a number from 1-60 and if the framerate goes below that number the game goes into a "slow-motion" state,

which is great for compensating collusion checks on low-end devices that usually cannot get up to solid 60 frames.

How could I forget that such feature existed?

• >

> It is a system action called "Set Minimum Framerate".

> You set a number from 1-60 and if the framerate goes below that number the game goes into a "slow-motion" state,

> which is great for compensating collusion checks on low-end devices that usually cannot get up to solid 60 frames.

>

How could I forget that such feature existed?

Yeah it is one of those features which got us surprised because it got denied for being "not required" several times before.

It is nice and we appreciate it of course but it has been added way too late, the community even found a self-made solution for this

with events, even thou it works technically not the same as the added system action does.

Release r210 added the feature I believe, anyway you can scroll down and find a better explanation how it works HERE.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)