Meetup with Ludei

0 favourites
  • Ad sdk embeds for me. Admob in particular, not thru mopub.

• Ouya is a common request!

YEEEEEEES, thank you for the consideration of your supporting vote on this :)

With the Ouya the specifics are the Controllers and IAP. Those are the two primary requirements for the Ouya. Needs controllers for the obvious, but the IAP is the only way to make any money as game downloads are free.

• Meh. I can't get cocoonJS to run on my phone, neither the preview or compiled apx. Probably because of the phone itself is still running Froyo. I need a better phone.

• When           Wednesday, March 6, 2013

6:15pm- 8:15pm

Where           YetiZen Innovation Lab

540 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA

Click here to register and learn more about the event:

http://www.meetup.com/Ludei-HTML5MobileGames/events/103165642/

Thanks Ed.

Bummer, I have a Cub Scout Leadership meeting at that time.

Maybe next time...

What is the meetup group called?

• This was just something that got sent to me. Normally I check the YetiZen page. Yeti Zen is a hacker space/app accelerator.

I don't think there is an official meetup group for this. This is where they held the GGJ2013.

• Please ask about IAP (in-app purchase) support on IOS?

• Mike, I believe IOS IAP is now developed. wiki.ludei.com/cocoonjs:extensions:iap

However, there is no integration yet to C2. We are either waiting for Scirra or Ludei to do the plugin. or some one else :)

• Stay tuned, I will have some more info soon. If you have any extra things to add, now is the time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I talked to some of the devs and this was the laundry list I have. They can't give out ETAs, but that would be setting yourself up for destruction by internet fans. But here is what they said, I summarized it a tad.

Revmob, AdMob and general access to Ads via SDK: They have no plans to add more networks as right now as AdMob is already supported (I understand this move as AdMob is pretty popular on mobile, maybe not to all, but it is pretty big and they only have so many devs to go around).

Ouya Support: No ETA, but they are working with Ouya on this one. .

More Access to XCode abilities: No ETA on this, but they are planning to release an SDK soon that gives you much better access to the extensions (this is what you want)

Gamestick Support No plans on this front (Time issue more than anything) as it is taking the back burner to Ouya.

WebGL status and road map: Top on the list of todos, they know it's a big deal to us and they are putting at the top of the list.

In-App Purchases There is a store API avilable already. Full sopport for iOS , Google Play and Amazon payments. Scirra will include it soon (as far as I know).

Possible Integration into Construct 2 itself/general integraion This won't be possible I think until the SDK is released

Possible alternatives to the cloud compiler: As I think I mentioned, this will be the way they do things. This is how they provide value as a company. Otherwise they would just be a javascript framework. You have to provide something of value to stand above the rest. They might provide something in the future, but for now, we need to go through the cloud service.

Dynamic Memory management: They are working on it!!

I know there is no timeline here, but honestly, it's a PR disaster to give off the cuff timelines for things. What I got from the reply was this. WebGL is important. Performance is important. Access to API is important. Not sure where they really stood on Ouya, could be a tight lip deal or something who knows.

I'll post more if I get some more info.

• Ouya Support: should be number one priority, because the store release is soon and if we dont get into the market we maybe loose alot at end. ...

• March 28th is when things go live. I don't think we will make that timeline. There are a lot of technical hurdles they have to overcome I'm sure. Gamepad support is most likely a biggy. Told them this was our priority list, in no real particular order.

1) WebGL/JavaScript Perf

2) Ouya

3) Everything else distant third.

And I think they get it.

• Hopefully they'll up the file size limit when they get Ouya support going. Because honestly, unless your game is small in scope or use very light assets, 30MB will not cut it for a game.

• Hopefully they'll up the file size limit when they get Ouya support going. Because honestly, unless your game is small in scope or use very light assets, 30MB will not cut it for a game.

They are open to discussing things more with us, seeing as how Construct 2 is the THE HTML5 gaming dev platform. They recognize this.

I'd say we can add that the list of things to discuss in the future. Asset size limitation.

• That really sucks on the admob support. We have proven time and time again that mopub sucks when it comes to fill rates. Admob is backed by google, why not implement it?

Ahh well.

• That really sucks on the admob support. We have proven time and time again that mopub sucks when it comes to fill rates. Admob is backed by google, why not implement it?

Ahh well.

Pretty sure AdMod is supported. And it is the only one they will support for now, with others when time frees up or when the SDK supports it (SDK coming sooner)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)