ISSUE: Browser ZOOM & Windows High DPI Zoom settings

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • >

>

> i do change window height after launch could that be it???

>

>

>

Could probably be something like that. At least now you got a bit closer to the answer maybe.

Hope you find what's causing it

Cheers man,

after rifling through old backups and deleting all the events in my game ....found it!

it was the god damn "Use high-DPI display" ! I had it set to No-

of course stupidly I thought that this setting meant my game would always render at 1080p pixels and upscale as ness for high dpi (good for performance maybe)

and this is what the description implies

but actually what this does is sort of the opposite.

so high dpi set to no and say zoomed to 200%

the browser renders the window at the zoomed in game window setting

so you now have quarter of the pixel density you intended

then the browser downscales your game to fit the new low resolution window,

then on top of that it renders your game linear interpolating between he reduced pixel count to make it look all muddy

its a totally useless setting as far as I can see and is very confusingly described

high dpi = on , basically means - "ignore browser zoom setting" and should always be left on as far as I can see.

in light of wasting time on this I am going to start a thread on config settings for the layman

https://www.scirra.com/forum/project-configuration-settings-for-the-layman_t197464

Ashley these config settings are really badly named and defined

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NetOne

Congrats to finally figuring out what it was. I noticed this setting is not even available in C3, which I'm mostly using nowadays.

From the manual

[quote:3pf9lkpd]Use high-DPI display

Some devices have a much higher resolution display, with more dots per inch (DPI) than other devices. Setting this property to Yes will use the full resolution of the device for maximum display quality, although this can sometimes reduce performance. Setting to No will treat the display like a traditional low-resolution display, which reduces detail but can improve performance.

Don't know why it had any effect on the system scale setting and the browser zoom setting though. I always thought this setting was for if you make low rez games like 320x240 point sampling, but never imagined system and browser scaling would have any effect on it if set to no.

Good find. I don't know if that's still a bug though. If it should behave like that?

• NetOne

Congrats to finally figuring out what it was. I noticed this setting is not even available in C3, which I'm mostly using nowadays.

From the manual

[quote:3qnpigy0]Use high-DPI display

Some devices have a much higher resolution display, with more dots per inch (DPI) than other devices. Setting this property to Yes will use the full resolution of the device for maximum display quality, although this can sometimes reduce performance. Setting to No will treat the display like a traditional low-resolution display, which reduces detail but can improve performance.

Don't know why it had any effect on the system scale setting and the browser zoom setting though. I always thought this setting was for if you make low rez games like 320x240 point sampling, but never imagined system and browser scaling would have any effect on it if set to no.

Good find. I don't know if that's still a bug though. If it should behave like that?

Well that description is not right,

that is what it probably should do but that is not what it does,

or as you say maybe a bug. (ill leave it to some other poor sod to file though)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)