HTML5 is the future

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Set of 11 Parallax Background to make retro sci-fi game.
  • HTML5 browser and mobile games will get faster sure, but so will the cutting edge and HTML5/mobile based games will always be behind...

It's always been that way, and always will...

You can't fit a dedicated ?300.00 video card in a mobile device that sells for ?300.00 period.

Sure, but I don?t think this is what most game developers need here.

Those games that can run on a ?300 video card and use the latest available hardware on the market and are multi million dollar games developments.

I don?t think must people can create a truly immerse 3D game with Hollywood voice-overs and soundtracks that compete with todays big 3D titles.

Look at how indie developers are creating pixel art games. Mobile hardware will advance faster in terms of what games you can run as opposed to what indie developers will be able to achieve with them.

The biggest problem with most developers today is getting allot of elements and more complex games on mobile games, not necessary high on graphics but moving elements, layers, effects, etc. And there is nothing worse than having to limit yourself in creativity because the hardware can?t keep up.

This will be not be a problem for most games in the future anymore.

• No i mean the Atom from 2012, its in a lot of devices.

Intel� Atom� Z2760 Dual-core CPU 1.8Ghz

This thing is horrible running HTML5 games on Chrome, mine was running at 15fps compared to Nexus 7 with Snapdragon running it 60 fps.

I saw the benches for the new Atom, its much faster so there's some hope.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Look this

http://www.nidium.com/

It's a new technology that be converted from Javascript to native in browser.

• Look this

http://www.nidium.com/

It's a new technology that be converted from Javascript to native in browser.

It looks more like that you will download their browser or software to run things, this is no different than someone installing the Java or Flash plugins in their browser to run games.

The nice thing about HTML5 is that it can run anywhere there is a standard unmodified browser.

• As a point of view of users, which are interested in the program work perfectly without failure or performance issues, so will not be interested to work with software, but want to use the product.

• "This thing is horrible running HTML5 games on Chrome, mine was running at 15fps compared to Nexus 7 with Snapdragon running it 60 fps."

I just read on Anandtech that Atom Z2760 have 33220.9ms in Kraken test and Exynos 5 Dual 11146.0ms - so this Atom is 3x times slower in Javascript benchmark

• "This thing is horrible running HTML5 games on Chrome, mine was running at 15fps compared to Nexus 7 with Snapdragon running it 60 fps."

I just read on Anandtech that Atom Z2760 have 33220.9ms in Kraken test and Exynos 5 Dual 11146.0ms - so this Atom is 3x times slower in Javascript benchmark

And thats 3 times slower than Exynos Dual, there's already Quad variants out for awhile. Last-gen Atom is horrible for gaming. As was Tegra 3/4 when its not running 3d games optimized for NV. My barely 1 year old Asus TF700 with Tegra 3 struggle with my game at 25-30 fps, while a Samsung S3 phone is in the 40-50 range.

I mean once we step out of cutting edge, the NOW, there's still lots of users on older devices and they do have issues running HTML5 games. But a year from now, the current stuff will be old and it should be much better. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)