The Future:2030 Competition Discussion

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match the incoming diamonds with the same ones to earn score!
  • Haha, buried in page four of the thread

That's exactly what I mean - next time one of these competitions is put together, definitely make the rules more transparent! Keep them on the first post, under the "rules" section, and don't keep changing them as you go along and then also neglect to update the main topic with the changes

We've now got a situation where some people have had over two months to work on their submissions, while others have abided by the deadline from the original rules and deliberately held back on improving their game for fear of being disqualified.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ah, yeah this would have been nice to know. I probably wouldn't have changed much with my game but I did upload a few tweaks today after learning that updates aren't against the rules.

• I have never done a Jam before, how long does it typically take to get results?

• There were ~130 entries and Tom Fulp the main judge has just finished playing them all through thoroughly. It's down to a list of finalists now which Scirra is helping judge. Not much more longer!

• There were ~130 entries and Tom Fulp the main judge has just finished playing them all through thoroughly. It's down to a list of finalists now which Scirra is helping judge. Not much more longer!

yeah,i have read it,and he say,the finalist will be announced at this thursday

• Good luck everyone, this was all a lot of fun to participate in. I hope we don't have to wait too long to do this again!

• I'm working on a new Jam now through The Game Makers Guild. We are finalizing the details, and I'll have website for it up soon. It won't be C2 only, but it will be HTML5 only.

• This was my first GameJam, and it was a ton of fun! I'm working on MonsterMash2014 now!

• Can anyone tell me when is the results are going to be shown??

• Read a few posts up . (Thursday)

• This was a first gamejam for me, and it was fun (also a lot of stress before the deadline ) to participate! Ill try to participate in more GameJams if it is possible a real challange and fun in my eyes. I feel like I gained a lot of XP in short perriod of time!

There are few things that bothered me, as few users already mentioned before.

1) Lot of us didnt know, that you can update your game after deadline (I found out this information today), it might be better to make rule list on one page from start to end of the competition.

2) Make the Rules more detailed or FAQ or both.

3) NG is a great website, however it would be awesome to get more feedback from players, maybe some feedback from judges themselves (but that would be very time-consuming, I respect that), But that is more or less critics for NG not Scirra.

Anyway great gamejam, cant wait for another Gamejam, best of luck to all participants!

• It's Friday in my country now, I'm also can't wait for the results.

• 1) Lot of us didnt know, that you can update your game after deadline (I found out this information today),

Sadly me to =(

• And we have the winners! You can find the results here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1369985

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)