I don't get how the sprites are created

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • I do have a placeholder layout, containing the InterfaceElements sprite with UID 1 that is set to defaults

What defines the layouts order then? Cause technically, that layout is never displayed/used and the start layout is my "MainMenu" layout

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do have a placeholder layout, containing the InterfaceElements sprite with UID 1 that is set to defaults

What defines the layouts order then? Cause technically, that layout is never displayed/used and the start layout is my "MainMenu" layout

Yep, you never actually do anything else with your layout holding the default instances. Just place it first in the project bar. Which is where you can see and change the layout order.

• You tha masta!

Well, all together, to fix this mess I did:

Manually, in the xml project file, made sure that my problematic sprite has UID 1 (by swapping its UID with the one that had the UID 1)

Opened C2

Created a new subfolder in my "layouts" folder, named it AAA (you can't place layouts before subfolders)

Place my placeholder layout into that AAA subfolders. That placed it on top of the list

Well, let's not sing victory quite yet, I was already sure to have fixed this a couple of times, but it always fell down at some point

• No, I'm saying that even if the very first created sprite in my project has the default width set positively and is scaled 1:1, the code generated ones spawn reverted. The code generated ones even take the instance variable values from another sprite placed somewhere else, dunno which, but not the very first one. So it's not taking the very first created sprite, but some random others

Do you maybe create from a family ?

• Thanks for the answer. I posted just above yours, the solution. It is wrong to guide people telling them C2 makes a copy of the very first instance placed in C2 as we can see here. It copies the first instance it loads, so nothing to do with the UID of that element. It is taking the first instance placed from the first layout it loads.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)