This is a persistent problem I've encountered with Construct 2 when using XBOX 360 controllers. I don't know if it has been reported before (I could not find any mention to it after searching), but well, here's how to reproduce the issue:
1. Close and open the project. Be sure that no preview is open on the browser.
2. On Construct 2, press either F4 or F5 to preview the project on browser.
3. Then (let's assume the project is a standard platformer), try to use your left joystick for movement and check that no input is registered.
4. Press any of the 4 face buttons (A, B, X or Y) and now proceed to move with the joystick. It now responds to your input.
5a. If we close both the project and the preview, open the project again and press F4/F5 again, the problem will appear when previewing.
5b. If we close the preview and return to Construct 2, and then we press F4/F5, the problem will appear again upon previewing.
5c. If we return to Construct 2 without closing the preview, make any changes and press F4/F5, the problem won't appear on the browser preview.
6. This problem appears after exporting with NW.js too.
It's important to note that I'm using the last version of Chrome, Construct 2 and NW.js, as well as the last driver for XBOX 360 controllers.
Summing it up, it appears the controllers start disabled on both previewing and exporting and have to activated by pressing any of the 4 face buttons. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or a bug on any of the ends. Here's a sample project to test this problem.
Thank you all very much in advance.