CrossWlak : why (apk signed)

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • Hi everyone,

I have just a question, why we don't have to sign an apk with Crosswalk (XDK) ? I just want to understand because I never use third party to compile so. I believed that an apk in android should be signed to make it "unique" and signed with a personal key witch identify us.

Thank your for your replies.

(Sorry for my english).

• I have to give an unique key, so it is signed. It's I believe in the assets when you build the app.

• I didn't see it, I compile one without giving anything, that's weird.

• When you start 'building' your app, you have APP DETAILS and ASSETS. Press edit and you will see PACKAGE NAME. This is where you enter the unique package name for your app. Most likely there's already a name assigned to it.

• I assume there's some auto signing going on in the XDK build process.

• Auto generated based on your registration info to XDK. I would love it as an option so we can get unsigned APKs.

• Oki thank you all So in a PlayStore account, we can have several application with different signatures ? For example one made with XDK/Crosswalk, and imagine an other made in java directly (we have to sign the apk in this case, in manual mode).

• Oki thank you all So in a PlayStore account, we can have several application with different signatures ? For example one made with XDK/Crosswalk, and imagine an other made in java directly (we have to sign the apk in this case, in manual mode).

Yes. But you wont be able to update the app unless the key is the same.

• Yes, so we have to keep the same key for an app, but each app can have a different key.

• You can remove the signature on the .apk exported by XDK. I had the same issue updating a CSJ app after updating and repackaging it with XDK to add online game modes.

I did it by opening the .apk from XDK with winrar. Deleting the 'META-INF' folder.

Then going through the usual steps of sign / aligning with old old keystore files from previous builds....

• You can remove the signature on the .apk exported by XDK. I had the same issue updating a CSJ app after updating and repackaging it with XDK to add online game modes.

I did it by opening the .apk from XDK with winrar. Deleting the 'META-INF' folder.

Then going through the usual steps of sign / aligning with old old keystore files from previous builds....

Excellent! Good to know so in future whenever XDK get IAPs sorted out, I'd love to switch over.

I tried doing this with my game, updated to XDK apk, signed with the same key as the CJS game. It updated fine but it reset the saved data, I use WebStorage Local Variables to keep track of all the saved stats. Did you have this problem?

Funny thing also happen now, my device cannot install the CJS version of the game anymore, it just refuses, install fail. Even after I uninstall the current XDK version game first. Really strange.

• I have not tried to go back to a CJS afterwards but I did get the same issue with save games. Not quite sure why this happens =(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have not tried to go back to a CJS afterwards but I did get the same issue with save games. Not quite sure why this happens =(

Well I can't install an XDK update on top of CJS due to resetting people's save games, it would piss off users for sure.

I really hate the current situation on mobiles, everything seems to be half there and we're still waiting... waiting... hoping.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)