What you want in C3?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • In my opinion, why would go to C3 when C2 can improve more?

C3 can make possible if it has 3D related capacity games.

Construct is already no-coding engine, and helps in prototyping, but if something i want in C3, it is an addition for those who are more into graphics/artist people. A quick leap into making or seeing their arts into move.

• Like on the start, there is a option on what template the project will be, a genre perhaps, a fighting, hack-and-slash, platformer, shootemup, etc etc.. If you pick what template you want, the workarea will be base on that template and focusing on the functions that can be use to that template. addition to that is the other function may also be use in that template when it is needed. Just giving the user a very quick draft to what he wants base on the game genre.

sorry this may sound lazy, but it can help us(graphic artists) into game dev. also kids who want to create games very easy and quick.

just my opinion.

• I would like to put using and managing sprite sheets for preview just like exported projects and better sprite sheet management here.

More info:

• mind reading behaviour, signal sending behaviour:

what they do:

use a neural transmitter to read the players mind

every action is a specific brain impulse event

the event then sends out the signal to the device told to operate a specific action

the filter for it, filters out illegal actions(i.e, mind control of another life form, or destruction of a life form or building)

the device then obeys the command.

more features a holographic image projector

voice match, motion of body detection using camera behaviours, voice commands used for events inside a voice command behaviour.

i will personally invent and construct the console and make the interface and hire programmers to write the os for the console. not joking.

• Falcon, what did you smoke?

• Beaverlicious: on the contrary its not I who'm was smoking but rather the person smoking who asked the question(what did you smoke?) to cover up the fact that they were in fact the ones smoking.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley should make a game - that way he can experience some of the issues that only surface in complex projects, and can't be reproduced in simple capx files. And it will also provided some valuable insight for C2 developers into how this engine can best be utilised to get the best results.

I agree with this idea, although it may seem like a waste of time it's probably really important to do that just to see how C2 works beyond the small template/example level.

Maybe even just hire some C2 devs to work together with him on a large-ish game to speed up that process.

• > Ashley should make a game - that way he can experience some of the issues that only surface in complex projects, and can't be reproduced in simple capx files. And it will also provided some valuable insight for C2 developers into how this engine can best be utilised to get the best results.

>

I agree with this idea, although it may seem like a waste of time it's probably really important to do that just to see how C2 works beyond the small template/example level.

Maybe even just hire some C2 devs to work together with him on a large-ish game to speed up that process.

I agree. And also could try some other game making software like rmvx.

• Inb4 Metro UI.

Please, don't let it be a Metro UI. Please. For the love of GabeN.

• > Ashley should make a game - that way he can experience some of the issues that only surface in complex projects, and can't be reproduced in simple capx files. And it will also provided some valuable insight for C2 developers into how this engine can best be utilised to get the best results.

>

I remember when I first started using C2 I thought 'Damn, it would be awesome if some people got together and did a community game with a running dev-log and open source weekly capx's'.

But yeah...who's going to organize it, how to decide on a design, a consistent coding technique, someone has to stomp bugs, decide what stays and what goes, etc, etc...

• Nows that this is a thing, I'm hesitating to buy a C2 lisence considering that I'm just saving enough money for it.

Any idea or guesstimation when's C3 coming out?

• Nows that this is a thing, I'm hesitating to buy a C2 lisence considering that I'm just saving enough money for it.

Any idea or guesstimation when's C3 coming out?

Within next 2 years

• Mabaet

I suspect earliest testing period for hardcore SDK developers will be 8 months, and this will be just for a select few. Then 14 months for signs of a select few developers to have early access. And then apx 16 months before C3 is in open beta.

currenct C2 owners will get a great deal on getting a C3 license. As I understand C2 started at $50 for super early users, apx $90 for beta, and 130 after reaching release 1.0(r100). So i suspect a similar cost release will occur for c2 owners. Keeping in mind that C2 had only a few plugins and C3 building on top of the runtime right now. So I suspect c2 owners will get early access for about $50. Once 3 is released however any C2 license upgrades will be on parity costs to be about the same.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)