C2 game remake in Unity 3d

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Source file (commented event sheets), art and all music included and 100% royalty free.
  • As any one successfully code over their game in unity 3d. Because i am now learning C# thanks to construct 3 force me to go finally put 100% in learning C#

my goal for 2018 move to unity 3d

YESSSSS unity is free for people like me so dont even mention money thanks unlike C3

• As any one successfully code over their game in unity 3d. Because i am now learning C# thanks to construct 3 force me to go finally put 100% in learning C#

my goal for 2018 move to unity 3d

YESSSSS unity is free for people like me so dont even mention money thanks unlike C3

Same here. C2 is coming to an end as they drop development of it and I won't let myself touch C3. Ergo - time to move on... after 7 years with Construct

• They have not said anything about that they are going to stop developing C2, they are only going to correct errors, for me it is enough to continue using it.

• I'm curious about this, too. I have a beefy project that has quite a few objects and effects that will just run better outside of an HTML5 framework.

It will actually be a great comparison on how a game in HTML5 vs Native performs.

PS. I wasn't crazy about C3 before, but it has a lot of awesome features. C3 is still my prime editor for any 2d low res games. Nothing beats the event system, unfortunately. Obviously there are tons of limitations when it comes to backend (porting to consoles, gamepad feedback, resolution handling, etc), but I still love it.

• They have not said anything about that they are going to stop developing C2, they are only going to correct errors, for me it is enough to continue using it.

Developing = extending and expanding.

Fixing bugs = maintenance.

All they offer, as of now - is the latter.

And not even full scale.

• [quote:1234h4yy]As any one successfully code over their game in unity 3d. Because i am now learning C# thanks to construct 3 force me to go finally put 100% in learning C#

I would not just go 100% into learning C#.

Do a few Unity tutorials so you get an idea of what's what and start porting your game to it, learning C# along the way. Unity also does a lot of things for you, so it may not be nearly as hard as you think.

• We have with Battle Princess Madelyn. It was a total re-write, the art and tile maps could be ported over though:

Construct 2 prototype:

Unity 3D version preview:

Teaser trailer:

We have a free Pre-Alpha demo on Steam, will be releasing on Switch, PS4, Xbox, Wii U, PC, and PS Vita.

• "This thread has run its course. Closing."

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The reasons we made the switch are scattered throughout other posts and threads, someone can look at my posts if they want to see why.

However, the biggest reason is console export, which is a feature that will take a while to come to Construct anyway because they don't fully support HTML5.

If we could keep working in Construct and have the same quality, and export options, we would, but sadly we outgrew it.

That doesn't mean I don't recommend Construct for web game developers, hobbyists, freeware developers, and educators.

If the C3 performance upgrade is as good as it looks in the new runtime, C3 will actually be great for the average desktop commercial games too, possibly even mobile.

• good to know that it is possible to port over the game to unity at lease code is easy to rewrite, my only concern is the behaviors which going to be a little tricky to do. One thing i know if it was not for C2 i would not understand how to code.

MPPlantOfficial what make me use c2 is because people say it is better to use if you know nothing about coding which is correct. If it was now believe me, my money would still go with Construct 2 over C3, WHY read over the blog and you see that C3 is C2 with few changes that i can live do without.

How many time i use C3 if you ask maybe 5 time for about 10 minutes. what that say, ask any web developer what may people keep going back to a website which C3 done have. yes C3 is a website not a software

C2 all the way

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)