[BIG REQUEST] Big games support

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • In my eyes modularity will solve many of the complications/time-sinks that come with "big games" - need an inventory? Chuck in Constructor84's deluxe RPG inventory system!

Couple this with the possibility of peer review and asset growth (Community wide platformer module?) and an asset store that kicks 20% to Scirra, that's exciting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I now have loads of prototypes I can use in making one bigger rpg game.

That's my problem as well. I have a ton of cool stuff lying around and no easy way to integrate them into a big game. When you try to group all those prototypes into one big game, your code starts looking like spaghetti.

Chuck in Constructor84's deluxe RPG inventory system!

Exactly! If we could gather all those prototypes and make a module/widget out of them, and sell them in Scirra's asset store to boot, we'd have a TON of cool stuff. Tom?

How many times do we need an inventory, dialogue tree, options screen, dropdown menu, equipping items, destructible terrain, infinite scroller... and the community wastes time reimplementing those one by one. If we had modularity, we'd be halfway there to solve big games (the other half would be the IDE SDK which solves middleware integration and project management all in one go).

• > I now have loads of prototypes I can use in making one bigger rpg game.

>

That's my problem as well. I have a ton of cool stuff lying around and no easy way to integrate them into a big game. When you try to group all those prototypes into one big game, your code starts looking like spaghetti.

Yeah, but you can organize it with different event sheets. Somewhere on these forums is an image I've made of how I organize my event sheets, if you'd want to look it up. Have no problem at all. Also I know that when I will be "gluing" those prototypes together I will be using them only as guidelines and try and write them more optimized.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)