Bad performances as iOS App but run prefectly in Safari

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi everybody,

I'm making a simple game (WIP) that you can try here:

================================================================================================

TO PLAY

http://dijiko.com/dino/

Controls: Keyboard arrows - Left/Right to move, Up to shoot a fireball, Down to smash the cars

================================================================================================

I would like to build a native iOS App but when I do it with Ejecta, everything is very slow...

From my previous URL, in Safari, it works pretty well.

I tested my game on iPad Air, iOS 8.2

This game don't use physics engine. The animations are made with Spriter.

I'm a beginner so my code is probably not super optimised...

• on iOS 8 and upwards, it may be preferable to use a webview based wrapper (Ludei's webview+ (not canvas+) is fast from what Silverforce tested), however I will let other people give their advice as I do not use wrapper myself.

• Ejecta is now outdated, it's slower than the default WebView (Safari) in iOS8+.

Ludei's WebView+ is even faster by many folds since it uses the enhanced WKWebView. It'll run your game exactly like your top end PC. Quite amazing in fact.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PhoneGap Build is also fast from iOS 8+. It doesn't make any sense to use Ejecta any more from iOS 8 onwards, and we recently deprecated support for Ejecta because of this. See HTML5 game performance on iOS 8.

• Aphrodite Ashley Thank you guys!

I'm sad for Ejecta. It was really easy to build iOS games with it...

So, WebView+. Is there a tutorial to explain how to do?

I will take a look to PhoneGap too. I don't know why, I'm not confortable with it.

• Ok, it's better with PhoneGap

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)