Animation Triggers For 8 Direction Movement?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game Triggers is as versatile as a Swiss army knife, and will be a great resource for any type of game you're creating.
  • Tried adding physics ?

Simply apply impulse at an upward angle, and the gravity wwill pull it down again.

• lennaert i tried this method and it makes my character shake while walking,I also tried to make a smooth impulse and it did not work correctly,I must be doing something wrong.

Im really just trying to find out the right steps to take to make my character jump.

• Sorry not been around over the weekend

In a streets of rage type game as long as there is no platforming involved you can give the impression of a "jump" simply by having your animation frames origin points lower than the base of your sprite, this would have an added benefit of keeping your Y position constant,but your character going up...

• Sorry not been around over the weekend

In a streets of rage type game as long as there is no platforming involved you can give the impression of a "jump" simply by having your animation frames origin points lower than the base of your sprite, this would have an added benefit of keeping your Y position constant,but your character going up...

thats actually a good approach :) might require a couple eextra frames for smoothness, but should work decent :)

• pixel perfick lennaert there will be platforming availible to the player.

Thats why i need to know.I actually want him to jump.

He will be walking down a wide street and cars will be on the sides of the road for the player to jump onto.

Ive seen no games on C2 with this effect.

• RookieDev it should still work, ensure you set your collision box above your characters feet and as lennaert said add a few extra frames to smooth it up...I will have a go at a capx tomorrow if you get no joy with it...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • pixel perfick I would love to see a visual representation of what you are talking about regarding the origins of the animations to make something similar to a jump.

If you do create something do you mind if i would place it inside the capX tutorial section?

I would really love to learn how to do this the right way,Ive been able to make everything else work correct but this.Thanks Pixel perfick

• pixel perfick do you mind showing me how this works?

I have been trying for a few days to get it correct and im getting nowhere fast.Thank you for your previous replies.

• Hi, sorry not been about, hope this explains better than written description...

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/146573792/originjump.capx

I used 8 direction for speed, take note of the origin points in the animation frames, with refinement it may do what you need...

• pixel perfick thank you for showing me this capX file,I really am lost when it comes to this type of movement.I will be away for a few days because im moving,but i wanted to know, if i come across an issue with this file do you mind if i ask you for help?

Thank you once again Pixel perfick! i owe you one

• Yeah sure, no problem...

• Add 8 animations to Sprite which also has 8 dir motion

walk0

walk1

walk2

walk3

walk4

walk5

walk6

walk7

These should each have the frames for the directional movement.

Then: (simplistic approach)

every tick

sprite set animation:

"walk"&ceil(8*(1+Sprite.8Direction.MovingAngle/360)-0.5)%8

play from current frame

Voila ....

This is such a simple way of doing 8 way animations. Though I am having an issue with figuring out which of the walk0 - walk7 handles what direction animation.

Is there an order of the directions.. Like walk0 = up, walk1 = down ?

I assumed that from 0 - 7 it would be:

0 = up

1 = up-right

2 = right

3 = down-right

4 = down

5 = down-left

6 = left

7 = up-left

But when I implement it it seems almost backwards or off.

• Never mind, I figured it out.

0 is right and it goes clockwise after that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)