Android Port system is terrible!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • PaulloAmaral Ok, I recently discovered that if i changed all my "on every tick event" to "every 0.01 seconds" instead. The performance of the game was greatly and I mean GREATLY improved on all my mobile devices.

People often say something like this, but I have never seen it proved with measurements, and it technically is nonsense (since "every tick" runs every 0.016 seconds at 60 FPS, and "every" can't run more than once a tick, so will be the same as "every tick"). See Common mis-used events and gotchas.

Crosswalk basically works the same as Chrome which is one of the best mobile browsers available. Some Android devices have audio latency in the OS too. Either way Android L will have the full capabilities of Chrome in its web view so you'll be able to publish with PhoneGap. Also we regularly make tweaks to our engine for mobile browsers - just check the changelogs over the past few releases.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PaulloAmaral Ok, I recently discovered that if i changed all my "on every tick event" to "every 0.01 seconds" instead. The performance of the game was greatly and I mean GREATLY improved on all my mobile devices. Try to use as high number as you can. So if you can use on every 0.1 seconds instead then do that.

The small lags here and there just disappeared. So on every tick events are heavier than I thought on the machine.

But crosswalk has never worked for me. Lags as hell and I do not understand how people here has been able to compile a game using it

It's true about the every tick suggestion,

Instead of Every Tick you get almost the same results with something like

Every 0.05 seconds or something like that

• i made one game super unoptimized and it runs no problem on android.

Construct -> intel XDK -> market -> download and install.

the process was super easy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)