AirConsole Game Dev Contest 2017

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Thank you for your help. I've just assigned the first connected controller as the master controller and reassigned it to the next available one if the first one disconnects.

• gg3l

we released an update of the AirConsole plugin:

github.com/AirConsole/airconsole-construct2

and we are already working on new changes (thanks to another construct2 developer the plugin is being updated faster now).

thanks for all the support!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FraConsole Thanks for the update! Greatly appreciated and keep it up

• You can also check and report bugs, with repro steps, on the new features, directly on my fork and I'll make sure to fix them and or report them to master

Consider my repo as the dev branch of the airconsole original repo. I do not Pull Request to airconsole until properly tested, but my repo contains changes ahead of airconsole. Chose wisely if you want to use my plugin directly but don't be scared either, I do not brake downward compatibility.

Suggestions are welcome. Aim is to implement everything available on the plugin.

This is on my own initiative, I am not related to AirConsole and AirConsole is not to be held responsible for what's on my fork.

https://github.com/Psychokiller1888/air ... construct2

• Is the simulator working for you?

FYI: I have updated AC plugin and linked newest AC library to the controller and simulator worked straight away for me with my old project.

You can see it here:

https://puu.sh/sksDF/69c6b4673d.png

https://puu.sh/skszs/5daa0dda91.jpg

• > Is the simulator working for you?

>

JFY: I have updated AC plugin and linked newest AC library to the controller and simulator worked straight away for me with my old project.

You can see it here:

https://puu.sh/sksDF/69c6b4673d.png

https://puu.sh/skszs/5daa0dda91.jpg

My respect to you, mister.

Nice job!

• Hello guys! I'm new at forum and game development using Construct 2. I'm trying to develop a game in C2 using Air Console to 4 players. I read a lot of forum posts, api, guides and more. I have sucess doing two players enter in game normally, it's okay, but don't matter what I do, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, player 3 and 4 just don't join on game. It's open normally on simulator (controller) but the game don't receive the handshake for control 3 or 4... Anyone can help?

On construct I followed the guide. (On device Join -> catch "AirConsole.DeviceIDJoin" to a variable and show it on screen for debug purpose).

DeviceID1 and DeviceID2 works fine, but DeviceID3 and DeviceID4 don't work.

For me seens like something on plugin or on AirConsole that limit player number for two only. How can I solve this? Anyone can help? To see how I did the construct and controller, all are followed from oficial guide on AirConsole page.

Thank you a lot ... Sorry for broken english! I hope you guys can understand!

• Add the controllers, then click disconnect them and reconnect. It's a known issue

• Add the controllers, then click disconnect them and reconnect. It's a known issue

Thank you for your attention Psyco! But it didn't work... Are working only for first and second player that sometimes don't join on game start (under simulator), then I reconnect or reload smartphone plugin and it work fine, but again, only for first and second player, for others it'snt work.

Any other thing can I try? or I need to know?

Thank you again!

• Well I don't know, I just tried and it did work here. As always, manually added controllers didn't send a handshake when connecting it did get controller.html. After disconnecting and reconnecting the concerned controller it did connect successfully

• Well I don't know, I just tried and it did work here. As always, manually added controllers didn't send a handshake when connecting it did get controller.html. After disconnecting and reconnecting the concerned controller it did connect successfully

Ok Psycho, but I have one more newbie question to you

How I do that? I just see using Handshake, but how can I did it without handshake, manually? Can you give me a example? And again thank you a lot for attention...

Sorry for this Psycho! It's because I'm at least a week trying e searching for something that can help me, without success! By the way, I'm using the C2 Plugin from your Git, nice work

• Make sure to broadcast game ready when your game is loaded:

Then on the simulator, add a new controller:

Disconnect it, and reconnect it, that will trigger the handshake for sure

Thanks for using "my plugin" repo, 1.5.0 got merged into official plugin, but on mine you'll find 1.6.0 with ads support awaiting merge on official plugin

This bug has been reported directly to AirConsole

• Yes, I mean on Controller.html, what are you using to connect with C2 plugin? Yes, I'm doing it... but still no working, sometimes first and second controller don't work too...

• Just follow the guides for the controller part...

See: http://developers.airconsole.com/#!/guides/construct2

• Yes Psycho, my controller.html have handshake function like yours.

Here is my C2 code:

I tried this C2 code too:

Here is my Controller code:

There's something wrong? I just get ID's and show it on screen.

I tried many C2 codes but 2 players works, 3 and 4 don't... Don't matter what I do!

First and second controller works good, but others don't work even I try connect and reconnect like you said. Test it with 4 controllers... Anything goes wrong!

For debug purpose I create a global variable to add 1 every time event On Device Join is called, it's only called two times, for Device 1 and 2... After it, this event is never called, don't matter if I add controller or reconnect added ones! But if I disconnect first controller connected the event is called again. (Seens like two slots on AirConsole, when we have 2 controllers connected third one don't connect with C2).

See the picture:

Here I've 4 controllers connected on simulator! I reconnected all, first and second controller connected, third and fourty don't. "On Device Join" event is not called anyome!

C2 Version: R239 (Last stable - Registered version) - Just in case!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)