What shader effects do you want?

From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • I would love to see a palette map effect where I can specify a palette and have the effect essentially "shift" the colors to their closest counterpart. I believe I found an OpenGL shader that does this being discussed on gamedev.stackexchange. Anyway, something that could remap an image to a palette would be amazing. Even if it's hard-coded, if anyone knows how to achieve this, please shoot me a PM as I am in serious need of this effect, but have never worked with custom shaders to date. Thanks much in advance!

• I'd like to see a simple texture effect where a texture can be selected in the left panel. This would allow textures to be applied to sprites and layers without the sprites themselves having to be textured separately; saving time and keeping filesizes down.

• I would really love to see a gradient effect like the one used in Photoshop (including opacity).

I have no idea how to implement this..

[quote:2yqjo9pf]precision mediump float;

uniform vec2 resolution;

void main( void ) {

vec4 top = vec4(1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0);

vec4 bottom = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0);

gl_FragColor = vec4(mix(bottom, top, (gl_FragCoord.y / resolution.y)));

}

• +1 for dropshadow. (both soft and hard, transparent or not)

• +1 textures over sprite.

I'm interested on a 3D anaglyph effect where the original sprite gets an offsetted copied over it, one keeps the red channel while the other keeps the green and blue. Offset amount and direction should be editable.

I'd try and go at it but know nothing of these effects and shader code. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello i would like to know if someone can develop an effect like this

we call that "glow" or "bloom" effect who affect the most exposed face of 3d object to a light source.

Ineed to use that kind of effect to achive my 3D ring done with the new Q3DMaster plugin, where i have to add glows on the diamonds http://mattepainting.be/test/index.html

also i dont know if it's possible to make an effect like that

i really need those effect for my 3d scene, and that can help a lot of users also to achieve good effects in their games.

thank to all

• Color Cycling

Hello. I do not know if it is already implemented in Construct 2, but is present the Color Cycling WebGL Effect? See demo linked

http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/canvas-cycle/

http://www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/

or like this "spectrum beam", but that follows a path:

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XsB3zW

• Ehem.. *cough*

Anyone feeling up to the task of using what is already in the Construct Classic curves effect (https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-curves_t61768) and implement this into a curves effect fit for Construct 2?

• I make shaders for Unity and UDK.

2 effects i really miss when building a shader are Pan, and Rotate.

Pan is great for waterfalls,rivers, and conveyor belts.

• If Pan is what I think it is then look in my signature for several versions. Rotate... Would it really be useful?

• The tile-able shift is way, way better than i am accustomed to for a pan! Thank you, this is exactly what i was looking for.

Roatate + an offset is nice for smoke poofs, and for magic effects. It also helps with randomizing fog and cloud effects.

Thank you Somebody!

• Wow! i just noticed that the particle system does not have a rotate value. Rotating the image would be useful here.

• The tile-able shift is way, way better than i am accustomed to for a pan! Thank you, this is exactly what i was looking for.

Roatate + an offset is nice for smoke poofs, and for magic effects. It also helps with randomizing fog and cloud effects.

Thank you Somebody!

Glad you like the Shift, as for rotate - I think it might be considered a somewhat expensive shader effect, given all the math that goes on... although... sine functions use the same math and live... Actually I had an idea here, will look into it (next week)

• [quote:2kkzvvzt]hey somebody i'd love you to make a fireball effect. - takin' a round object and applying fire to it. also when that object moves (with bullet or such behaviour) to show a little trail

i've searched up and down for this effect but couldn't find any :/

let me rephrase this - there would be nice if we got an effect of fire burning, when applied to object - make that object burn in upwards direction (when rotated flame should also change it's direction) - would be usefull for static fire effects, fireballs, and more.

• Hi all, I have a sprite that looks like an open book, and wondered if there's anything that exists to simulate the turning of a page? I know this could be animated, but the issue is that the things on the page are dynamic and will be different every time, so I was looking for an effect to make it look as if a page was being turned over.

This sounds pretty difficult to me, so it's probably a long shot. Still, if someone has already done this (or could do this), then you would have my everlasting and undying love

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)