[Request] Drop Shadow Plus

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
No Ad-Sharing, Fully Open Source, No Remote Control, Well maintained
  • The shader works perfect if is added to the layer you want to cast shadow and will works with spritesheeting, rotations and will appear in the bottom of the sprites without overlaps due Z-Order. ( http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/dsp.rar)

So Gigatron maybe start a topic releasing this .FX .

Last improvement in case is easy to do is add a parameter to blur. I tried make a blur for sprite or layer but also makes blur/glow the sprite, so a param inside the shader to get the blur for the shadow will be awesome.

• Is this ok for you ?

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/dsp/

Rules : When for loop inside glsl main() ; so while loop is running you can not change parameters inside For Loop iteration on the fly;

This mean you can not change sample iteration on the fly; but manually before running shader;

To make a sort of blur i ve done many times iteration inside for loop;

txs += texture2D(samplerFront,uv-vec2(p1,p2)-ii/250.0,1.0); You can not change 250.0 value on the fly with uniform parameter;

PS : Again you made a donation for my work..Thank you very much matriax

• Gigatron

I'm looking for a Gaussian blur to do things like this:

If i understood well, are you saying is not possible change the blur param on C2 to adjust and only can be added in the .FX?, i mean, then how the Blur, GLow and things like that do it in the scirra shaders? Maybe for shadow do something out the Main to do the blur and then copy in the main the result i don't know XD.

So, if for some reason you can't achieve a blur like that to be edit by param then leave it, as i said the actual shadow fx works for the game i'm working.

-

PS: Thanks to you! you deserve it! my game is looking better every time you release a shader

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • matriax

I talked about values inside for loop in the demo above..

Would you like blur fx (another shader ?) .. or you would like blur for this shader ?

if i understand the circle above is shadow ?

English is very hard....

Regards

• matriax

I talked about values inside for loop in the demo above..

Would you like blur fx (another shader ?) .. or you would like blur for this shader ?

if i understand the circle above is shadow ?

English is very hard....

Regards

Yes, blur for the shadow shader, actually with the shadow on the shader will works great on pixeled games like my actual one but for other style games, me or other people may need the shadow blured instead pixeled.

In your example you can see the "steps". The idea is made a gausian blur like my above picture even if is only 4 or 8 pixels but without visible steps like in the star to look soft. That will be great .

• Ok matriax here is an another blurred shadow ...

more cpu used here ;

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/dsp/

• Gigatron, well looks perfect in that demo , link?

• Gigatron Tested! I had to change the values for opacity and see how works the Blur and perfect, just what i asked, thanks!

• Any way to have this drop shadow effect in construct3?

• I can't see any links in this thread, does somebody have a link to this effect or a similar one? Thanks!

• A very good effect, I had not seen it before but there is no link, the last link does not work.

Gigatron

• Hello Gigatron, I'm testing the effect, but there is a black outline around the shadow, and it seems than the blur is causing this, it creates an black shadow under the actual shadow, any idea of what could be the cause? Thanks in advance ~

• Hi

Can you try this fx with transparent layer please and let me the result;

Regards

• Here it is, on a transparent layer with two opacity settings (note that the fx is applied to the layer and not the object itself)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)