[EFFECT]NoisePlus (updated22/09/15)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A pack contains high quality game backgrounds for 2D video games. With 15 distinct themes
  • jobel

The effect has basic transparency, for example try using a circular sprite instead a rectangle?

If this is not what you want, can you provide a sample pic of what you need?

regards.

• maybe I'm using it wrong? when I make any shape sprite it fills up the entire sprite box and you can't see anything behind the sprite at all. Opacity doesn't work, and all the transparency of the base sprite seems to be gone..

I'd like to use it as fog-like effect over the background image.

• jobel

'maybe I'm using it wrong? when I make any shape sprite it fills up the entire sprite box and you can't see anything behind the sprite at all. Opacity doesn't work, and all the transparency of the base sprite seems to be gone..

I'd like to use it as fog-like effect over the background image.'

I can't upload any examples to Dropbox at the moment, so I can't post you an example...you only need to add,change the following in the fx and xlm files-

1, Add a param named 'mixamount' to the fx file

uniform float mixamount; //parameters 0(no mix) to 100 (full mix),

2, change the last line to-

gl_FragColor = mix(front,mixcolor,((mixamount/10.)*0.2))*front.a;

This will create a moving fog effect on top of your sprite.

I will post an example as soon as I can.

• Is it possible to sync the effect rendering with a layer parallax position?

So scrolling won't affect how the effect is rendered.

• Is it possible to sync the effect rendering with a layer parallax position?

So scrolling won't affect how the effect is rendered.

Could you provide a 'pic' or 'screen render' of your problem ?

• chrisbrobs

Sure, take a look at this video

https://youtu.be/VlMak6mUkwc

When the screen scrolls, it looks like the effect stays in place, like it's rendered on a 0,0 parallax window on top, instead of moving with the camera.

• chrisbrobs is it possible to add X,Y offset so I can control it myself?

• 'is it possible to add X,Y offset so I can control it myself?'

Will look into it and get back to you..sorry for delay.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm struggling to come up with a solution for your question!

I can't work out which part of it I would need to add the extra parameters to, control the offsets.

(I didn't write the original effect)

Have you considered using a seamless Tile instead?

In the image below, I added a Tile with the 'overlay' effect added with 50% opacity (Multiply works as well)

Might be easier ?..and quicker.

• Thanks for trying!

I am not sure what you mean, the effect is already applied on a tile background object, but it doesn't really matter what's on the image since the effect redraws on it.

• I mean...dont use the 'noiseplus effect' ...just use a seemless 256 x 256 texture similar to the one in my picture.

With an overlay or multiply blend applied to it, it should look just as good.

The 'noiseplus effect' would probably slow your game down too much.

• Oh

Well it was already a tiled water image, I add the noise to add the cool waves effect so it won't look static.

Maybe I'll just make an animated tile.

Btw I didn't notice any performance issues with the effect.

Thanks anyways for trying!

• chrisbrobs so I'm trying to figure out a way to scale and pixelate the basic noise shader. Right now I have a game with a very small resolution, and the shader doesn't seem to have a way to take that into account, so I'm trying to figure out a way how.

I do have an example of what I'm trying to accomplish. This is a game that makes use of what seems to be just a random noise value on each scaled pixel: http://www.kongregate.com/games/scriptw ... pest-sleep

Unfortunately the terminology of the shader eludes me, and I can't find any other shader that can also take scaling into account, so I'm just lost. Any tips? Would you be able to add an example?

Edit: well... I did manage to find that line of math I see in the shader, so that's a step in the right direction: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4200 ... s-for-glsl

• DatapawWolf

Which of the Noise 'types' are you wanting to use for your game?

The effect is a collection of different 'types' but I have individual versions of each of them.

Have you got a screenshot, picture or mockup 'with and without the effect' you could post.

• chrisbrobs quick reply! Hahah.

Alright so I was looking at the Basic Static, trying to take into account low-rez scaling. So instead of applying noise to every single pixel, apply noise in such a a way as to take into account each scaled pixel in a pixel-art game.

This is a little (awful-looking) mockup I created for placeholder purposes:

You can see that, instead of the noise being applied to each pixel, it is applied to each scaled pixel.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)