R240 64-bits Minifying issue

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Kyatric

Ashley

I found some more details, this might help...

This error only comes up if you are using "Browser plugin" in your Project... c2 v240

without the plugin, you wont see the error and the project will be minified without any issue.

• Kyatric

Ashley

I found some more details, this might help...

This error only comes up if you are using "Browser plugin" in your Project... c2 v240

without the plugin, you wont see the error and the project will be minified without any issue.

I'm not using the plugin and it's happening.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • . Kyatric . TELLES0808 . Ashley

Sorry... by browser plugin, I mean "browser object", (just in case if it sounded confusing)

I did few tests and in my case its giving error while adding browser object...

To reproduce the issue: Add 2 objects, sprite object filled with any color and Browser object > export to cordova with minify checked

• same problem here exporting to NW.js

installed java 8_111 x64 and x86, windows 8.1, C2 r240

• I was having this issue at random just trying to export my game to NWJS. I'm using the Browser object, but it doesn't always complain about the minification. I wonder if this has anything to do with where sometimes, seemingly at random, when I export my game the package.nw file is way smaller than it should be and the NWJS exe won't open while the package.nw file is in its directory. Otherwise, it runs fine.

• I'm here because I just found the issue as well. Seeing the same error window.

I'm not sure if Pinellos' is the same problem, as in my tests (mostly exporting to arcade), if it won't work, it won't no matter the folders, or graphics.

I also tried Signupdemos's suggestion of the browser plugin, and adding the object to a working capx causes the error, and removing it lets it work again. By TELLES0808's comment, it's probably more than one object triggering it.

however, I've tried adding all the other objects, and it's the only one that triggered the error in a working capx.

Removing the browser object from Space Blaster lets it minify.

• same issue here with r240 in both 32 and 64 version. Tried to trace. When Construct2 calls the minifier this will end up like that in my case:

C:\Users\M>java -jar "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\tools\closure\compiler.jar" --js "D:\Projekte\Construct 2\2016\Notenmeister\HTML\c2runtime_tmp.js" --js_output_file "D:\Projekte\Construct 2\2016\Notenmeister\HTML\c2runtime_min.js" --language_in ECMASCRIPT5_STRICT --compilation_level ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS --externs "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\jquery-externs.js" --externs "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\c2-externs.js"

D:\Projekte\Construct 2\2016\Notenmeister\HTML\c2runtime_tmp.js:19285: ERROR - this language feature is only supported in es6 mode: let declarations. Use --language_in=ECMASCRIPT6 or ECMASCRIPT6_STRICT to enable ES6 features.

let browserInstance = null;

^

1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

May be there are new features not supported by the minifier?

• On the browser plugin runtime.js line 54, I replaced

let browserInstance = null;[/code:21xhc8gr]
    with
    [code:21xhc8gr] var browserInstance = null;[/code:21xhc8gr]
    then I could use the minifier again. As a temporary solution it should work.
  • On the browser plugin runtime.js line 54, I replaced

let browserInstance = null;[/code:2gvziqek]
    with
    [code:2gvziqek] var browserInstance = null;[/code:2gvziqek]
    then I could use the minifier again. As a temporary solution it should work.

Thanks Nemega

This worked for me.

• Thanks Nemega for working out the plugin causing issues.

Now the minifier is working here too.

Hope there will be a fix with the next Release of Construct 2.

• Ah, looks like a JS error that was breaking the minifier after all. It's the same issue that broke the Browser plugin on iOS 9. Should be fixed in the next build now.

• Ashley construct 2 r244 or r243 64 bits don't minify for me

• tamixx - this is a closed report, please file a new report following all the guidelines

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)