R170 Exported file is broken on mobile device browsers

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A futuristic device, can be used as radarscreen, optionscreen, infodisplay, research device, ...
  • retrodude - is that happening in Chrome for Android or the stock browser? The stock browser sucks really bad and it would not surprise me if that was a glitch in the browser itself. It doesn't sound like the kind of thing that we can easily work around.

It's only for stock browser. Chrome runs fine, same with firefox. The issue is that large publishers like spilgames still require you to have games working on native stock browser for older devices like the S3. And yea it blows since stock browser is so buggy it's annoying. The R168 version of construct has the exported file working fine on stock browser. I think for publishing it might be best to currently use this version.

There were some drastic changes in the two new updates so it's hard to tell what could be causing it.

Here's a link to a odd work around:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1827 ... -in-chrome

"$('canvas').css('opacity', '0.99');"

This portion here causes an odd flickering with values at 0.99, so changing it to 0.999999 opacity is kind of a temporary fix. I'll see if I can place a temporary fix in the manual section. But I recommend just downgrading to R168 for anyone that is doing sponsorship and publishing since its quite stable and doesn't have this issue.

• Hi!

[quote:357kgy61]It's only for stock browser. Chrome runs fine, same with firefox. The issue is that large publishers like spilgames still require you to have games working on native stock browser for older devices like the S3. And yea it blows since stock browser is so buggy it's annoying. The R168 version of construct has the exported file working fine on stock browser. I think for publishing it might be best to currently use this version.

Yes, publishers do not buy my game because of this bug. Returned by 168 version. Ashley, fix this bug in the next builds please!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Its runnable now but there still seems to be an issue with the native browsers on some older devices where if you rotate the phone to portrait mode you get two screens of the same game running (a seperate canvas is placed directly above, its as if the exported file is running twice with two seperate canvas's). In landscape there's a portion in the front that's cut off. i can record a video testing the game on a mobile device if you'd like. This problem still appears on all my lower end android devices (on native browser only with Samsung S3,S2,galaxy nexus)).

The Construct 2 R168 didn't have these issues with older devices

I'll wait for angry messages from sponsors >.<

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)