In Facebook and Twitter's in-app browsers on iOS, games are not vertically centered; they're offset, which can result in them being stuck off-screen if they're too tall.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
"New empty project" with no changes.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create a "New empty project"
- Export as HTML5 website, either "Normal style" or "Embed style"
- Host it somewhere (I used Dropbox)
- DM it to yourself on Twitter, or post it privately on Facebook
- Open it in Twitter or Facebook's in-app browser
The game is shifted down from center by about 53 points (106 Retina pixels).
The game should be centered vertically.
All of these are iOS in-app browsers based on WebKit.
- Twitter: YES
- Facebook: YES
- TweetBot: YES
- Safari: NO
- iOS 9 Safari View Controller (used in Evernote and others): NO
- Facebook Messenger: NO
- Google: NO
- Pocket: NO
Operating System and Service Pack
iPhone 5 running iOS 9.2.1
Construct 2 Version ID
When a game uses touch screen controls, the user can't scroll the viewport, so an offscreen game is stuck there.
Because this happens in Twitter's in-app browser, you can view the problem in this tweet:
Screenshots of Safari, Twitter, and Facebook: