Recently I observed that C2 games exported as "HTML5 Website" give only a black screen while trying to open the index.html file locally using Chrome web browser.
However these games work as expected when I try to preview with Chrome or when I access the index.html as a URL in dropbox using Chrome.
Above issue is only found in Chrome web browser and didn't have any issues with IE9 and Firefox 17.0.1.
Following is the tested environment
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Scirra Construct 2 Release 114 (32 bit)
- Firefox 17.0.1
- IE 9
- Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m
- RAM: 2GB
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.66GHz
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Steps to Recreate the Issue
To recreate the issue I have used the "8 direction 1 (simple movement).capx" file available with C2 as an example project. In case you want to make sure that I am using an unmodified file, I have kept that .capx in dl.dropbox.com/u/105699697/8%20direction%201%20%28simple%20movement%29.capx
1) Open the file in Scirra Construct 2 Release 114 (32 bit)
2) Preview in Chrome web browser [WORKS]
3) Export as "HTML5 Website"
4) Go to the exported folder and open index.html using Chrome web browser [ONLY BLACK SCREEN]
5) Go to the exported folder and open index.html using Firefox [WORKS]
6) Go to the exported folder and open index.html using Internet Explorer [WORKS]
After that I uploaded the exported content to dropbox and accessed following URL using Chrome web browser.
This time it worked as expected.So the black screen is coming only when I try to open index.html file locally using Chrome web browser.
Opening the game using index.html in a local folder is required for me, because I want to share the exported games with some people who do not have direct access to dropbox.
In case you want to check the exported content, I have shared that it in following URL.
I would appreciate if you can help with checking this issue.