A collection of 18 amazing sprite sheet animations for your incredible games
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

http://

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use free construct 2

2. Have three layouts each with event sheet

3. Delete one event sheet and point orphaned layout to main event sheet

Observed result:

Starts to say I have exceeded event limits, even if I delete all events.

Expected result:

Not having this limit exceeded issue

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Win 7

Construct 2 version:

Rel 114 (Steam)

• Please contact me privately for the capx as it contains personal info (it's an interactive CV)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Had the same thing happen with only 43 events during the Global Game Jam with only 1.5hrs left! It almost ruined us and they were unable to edit or remove any events! Very fortunately I had a personal license and was able to remove a few events.

I read in a post other things may count toward the event limit. It would be nice to know how close you're getting to the limit. Also is it supposed to be impossible for free users to bring a capx back under the event limit?

• Thinking about it, I'm not sure if it happened after the app crashed as a result of trying to import a wav file. When I re-launched afterwards I tidied up the events as detailed then started getting the errors.

It's a relatively simple game, 18 events and no layers above 4 .

It's quite frustrating because I wanted to finish at least one game before deciding if I'd buy, whereas now I feel I'm being forced to buy to finish my trial.

• Hmmm another update - I booted up today and it's working fine.

I suspect something gets left or corrupted in memory on a crash which affects the "checks" against limits.

• Ashley Our.capx is available here. I can't verify it since I don't have a free version.

Basically if someone with a free version is able to edit our capx there is a bug somewhere since it locked my team member out. He was the only one working on it with only the free version and could not unlock it.

Thanks!

• Please see how to report bugs - we require a .capx. If you don't want to share yours, reproduce the problem in a new project and share that. I couldn't reproduce any issue deleting event sheets in a new project. The event count is displayed in the status bar and it appeared to update correctly after deleting the sheet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)