Error with OGG files in Node Webkit

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Node Downloader is a plugin for download file for Construct 3 and construct 2 game engine
  • I found the problem in the end: those aren't Ogg files, they're MP3 files which were just renamed to .ogg. NW.js can't play MP3 files but Chrome can. So in fact you must have incorrectly imported the files somehow, or did you think renaming the file would convert it? (It doesn't!)

This also explains why Asmodean's workaround works: you convert the MP3 to WAV, then re-import it, then C2 encodes a correct Ogg Vorbis file.

NW.js should always report useOgg = true in the console. I just double-checked this and it does. The dopplerFactor message is irrelevant.

• Ashley It still doesn't explain the issues I had. For some reason I found a solution by creating a .capx instead of a project folder.

(For me this "fix" doesn't make any sense because there should be no difference between those two saving methods.)

• The files in the original report are definitely MP3 files, which is almost certainly the cause of the reported issue. If you think there are any other issues here, please file separate reports for them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The files in the original report are definitely MP3 files, which is almost certainly the cause of the reported issue. If you think there are any other issues here, please file separate reports for them.

I wish I could post a report about that but making a bugreport without any way to reproduce the bug would be useless.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)