Bug with TextBox in iOS - with Capx - Thanks in adance!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Problem Description

The game does not reposition itself correctly after using the keyboard and closing it on iOS (tested on iPad 4 and iPod Touch 4) if the text box is in the lower part of the screen. It worked fine 2 or 3 stables releases ago (but was a problem some time ago before that too, sorry I don't have the number of the well-working release). : /

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:31krjbgm]TestTextBoxKeybiOS.capx[/attachment:31krjbgm]

You can try it online here: http://www.jeuxid.com/TestTextBoxiPad/

Description of Capx

Just a new project with 2 text box, one in the upper part another one in the lower part. With 2 colored bars at the top of bottom to show that the screen does not replace itself precisely after using/closing the keyboard on iOS.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Touch the lower text box on an iPad, type something and then close the keyboard with the lower-right button on the on-screen keyboard.

Observed Result

The screen acts strangely when I type, resizing itself after each char sometimes, and when I close the keyboard the higher part of the game is out of the screen area, the game is now 10-20 pixels higher on screen than before using the keyboard, leaving a black gap at the bottom and cutting the upper part of the game

Expected Result

The game should stay on-screen when I'm using the keyboard on iPad and not leave any gap after closing the keyboard.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)
    • SAFARI on iOS: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

iOS 7.1.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 168

• Geez, Safari is crazy. It works perfectly in Chrome for Android so it looks like an iOS bug. I found a workaround for the next build though, hopefully it will work OK there.

• Ok, thanks a lot Ahsley! Like I said, it worked fine 2 or 3 versions ago and not before. But, yeah, Safari, especially on iOS have some rules of its own.

BTW, just a little detail, on iOS, for text box, the "spell check" is still working even if we set it to off in Construct.

Many thanks!

P.S.: Oh, yeah, I replied to a closed bug thread but it was just for a small snippet of info, nothing that really need investigation.

• Did you fixed this? thanks

• This problem isn't only for ios, it also happens in windows phone. When do you think this will be repaired?

• This problem isn't only for ios, it also happens in windows phone. When do you think this will be repaired?

Regards

Geez, Safari is crazy. It works perfectly in Chrome for Android so it looks like an iOS bug. I found a workaround for the next build though, hopefully it will work OK there.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yofabianuy

It might get fixed if you submit a new bug report.

See at the top where it says closed, and Ios?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)