Touch Object Creates Location Services Prompt on iOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Yeah, I guess try again.

• Ashley: Here we go again: github.com/phonegap/build/issues/442

• pretty unfortunate considering how easy PGB makes the process (compared to cordova CLI and xcode).

• Good news, finally. Only took a few angry tweets and two weeks for someone to actually look at the ticket. :/

[quote:2q0907uu]Appear to have found a solution (or workaround) for this issue. Try adding this to your PGB config.xml:

<gap:config-file platform="ios" parent="NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" mode="replace"> 
        <string>ANYTHING</string> 
    </gap:config-file>[/code:2q0907uu]

Shouldn't matter what you throw in for the string (unless you are using location stuff elsewhere) since the prompt shouldn't appear. Let us know if it does / doesn't work for you.

Still not sure why this is happening but will update if / when we figure that out.

This seems to have worked for me. I added this to the config.xml that Construct spits out and the ipa I got from PhoneGap doesn't make any mention of location anymore. Looking forward to FINALLY updating my game after two months of sitting around waiting on Adobe.
  • WTF, I've no idea why they think that's a "fix". They still have no idea what is causing the problem! Please, badger them to fix the actual problem and not just paper over the cracks.

• Yeah, I was pretty surprised that they closed the ticket. I'm ECSTATIC to even have a workaround at this point (seriously, the original report of the issue is now 6 months old and my iOS update is only now in review after 2 months of Adobe ignoring my complaints), but it is BS that they're apparently not interested in looking into it any further than that. :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

can I just ask if the workaround posted works? I can't try because even if I delete my app, when I install it again, it is still in Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and it doesn't ask for location.

Thanks.

• Hi,

can I just ask if the workaround posted works? I can't try because even if I delete my app, when I install it again, it is still in Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and it doesn't ask for location.

Thanks.

If you rebuild the app on Phonegap (with the added config.xml lines, obviously) and try it on your device, it should work without giving you the prompt (and the Location Services option should disappear from the app settings).

That's how it worked in my experience, at least.

• > Hi,

> can I just ask if the workaround posted works? I can't try because even if I delete my app, when I install it again, it is still in Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and it doesn't ask for location.

>

> Thanks.

>

If you rebuild the app on Phonegap (with the added config.xml lines, obviously) and try it on your device, it should work without giving you the prompt (and the Location Services option should disappear from the app settings).

That's how it worked in my experience, at least.

Thanks, tested on another device and it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)