How do I get music&sound effects work in mobile browsers?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm bit of a newbie when it comes to Construct2, but I've managed to make a working platformer. I didn't really target mobile devices with the game, but decided to add touch controls just to test it with my Nokia Lumia 1520 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and noticed that the sounds are wonky on those devices.

Games load fine and look fine on mobile devices, but when first jumping/dying sound effect it played, the music "breaks" and sounds all distorted.

I've imported the music and sound effects. Import Music for music file and Import Sound for sounds. I tried using Import sounds for the music too, no difference. On desktop browsers, everything is fine.

I have looping background music that starts when the "main menu"-layout has loaded and sound effects for the game itself. I've tried to bind the jumping sound to different things, but I just can't get it to work properly on my mobile devices.

I even tried to make a new "game" to test this and it didn't work either. Just basic platform-behavior with jump-sound on keyboard up/any touch and it breaks the music when the sound effect plays. I tried also to stop the music when the jumping sound plays, but it distorts all the sounds anyway.

Everything works just fine with my computer using Chrome,Firefox,IE. I initially thought that combination of Touch+Audio+Sprites somehow bugs out, but they work fine on my Asus touchscreen laptop.

Am I missing something or are those mobile browsers somehow limited on the browser audio side?

--Miika

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)