How do I fix video not playing on start of load out

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Bump.

• Can someone please help? Also, I can't upload the .capx, it's just loading for ever then not uploading the file.

• Changing the extension of the "video" file to .webm in the "WebM source" property, I managed to go through the menu, the selection and have the audio of the file play in Firefox. (I've tried checking the video file on VLC anyway, it seems to just be audio, I never saw any image).

In chrome, whether named .ovg or .webm the file never played.

Perhaps a bug with chrome, perhaps an issue with the video file you are using (which doesn't seem to contain video anyway).

Also, the console in Chrome does not send out any message.

When using the extension .ovg, Firefox returns a 404 file missing error.

If it is supposed to be just audio, don't bother playing it as a video, just use it as audio (like you've done in the rest of your project).

Also strictly bumping a topic for several days when adding nothing new to it is not the best idea.

• Changing the extension of the "video" file to .webm in the "WebM source" property, I managed to go through the menu, the selection and have the audio of the file play in Firefox. (I've tried checking the video file on VLC anyway, it seems to just be audio, I never saw any image).

In chrome, wether named .ovg or .webm the file never played.

Perhaps a bug with chrome, perhaps an issue with the video file you are using (which doesn't seem to contain video anyway).

Also, the console in Chrome does not send out any message.

When using the extension .ovg, Firefox returns a 404 file missing error.

If it is supposed to be just audio, don't bother playing it as a video, just use it as audio (like you've done in the rest of your project).

So, is there anyway to fix this? Also it's meant to be a video, I converted it. The main problem is that it wasn't showing or playing the video audio after going through layouts to get to the cutscene, but when I was redesigning the game so no one had any ideas of copying me, I ran into the problem you stated above, it doesn't show the video but plays the audio.

Also strictly bumping a topic for several days when adding nothing new to it is not the best idea.

I was very desperate for help. Sorry.

• So, is there anyway to fix this?

My guess is that you need to do again the video and make sure it IS a video, in the correct format as explained in the manual article.

• > So, is there anyway to fix this?

>

My guess is that you need to do again the video and make sure it IS a video, in the correct format as explained in the .

I tried it, it's still not working.

• Join you do not need to upload full capx only the part you want help with. Please don't say someone going to steal your game. Did you not got something for nothing in your life. Think before you accuse someone please

• Join you do not need to upload full capx only the part you want help with. Please don't say someone going to steal your game. Did you not got something for nothing in your life. Think before you accuse someone please

I never accused anyone, the only thing I said is I don't want someone to steal my game, why did everyone get this but you? Jeese, and do me a favour and read my thread. Thank you.

• > Join you do not need to upload full capx only the part you want help with. Please don't say someone going to steal your game. Did you not got something for nothing in your life. Think before you accuse someone please

>

I never accused anyone, the only thing I said is I don't want someone to steal my game, why did everyone get this but you? Jeese, and do me a favour and read my thread. Thank you. But just incase you still don't understand let me make it a bit more simple for you: You need the full capx to see the problem, the video will load on the start of the layout, but when you go through other layouts, to get to the video layout it won't load.

Again, please don't say I accused anyone because I didn't.

• >

> > Join you do not need to upload full capx only the part you want help with. Please don't say someone going to steal your game. Did you not got something for nothing in your life. Think before you accuse someone please

> >

>

I never accused anyone, the only thing I said is I don't want someone to steal my game, why did everyone get this but you? Jeese, and do me a favour and read my thread. Thank you. But just incase you still don't understand let me make it a bit more simple for you: You need the full capx to see the problem, the video will load on the start of the layout, but when you go through other layouts, to get to the video layout it won't load.

Again, please don't say I accused anyone because I didn't.

• Join No Comment

• Join No Comment

Good. No hard feelings.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Join no hard feeling friend

• Bump.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)