Roguelike plugin - C2 rot.js interface

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Any way to make the corridors a bit bigger or spawn objects in them?

• This plugin looks very promising. If I ever get into making my own roguelike (too busy playing them for now), I'll use it for sure!

• This is awesome, but I miss some kind of control over the corridor width.I'm, working on a Dungeon crawler, but I have a lot of Auto-tiling and the corridor width is my main concern.

• Thanks everyone

As far as I can tell, there is no corridor width control in Rot.js. I'm missing terribly this feature also I shall write to Ondrej, a Rot.js author, to see if there is one that somehow I did not see, and if not, if he is planning to add this feature... ('Cause Roguelike plugin is basically an interface to an excellent Rot.js library...)

Stay tuned and file bug reports, if any

• This is probably going to make me sound dumb, but how do I install this plugin? I've tried copying the zip file into both the plugins and behaviours, and also tried extracting the zip file into both of those folders, but when I try to open the roguelike.capx file it keeps telling me the plugin isn't installed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • cuteeeeeee ^^

• Lunarovich > I just sent you a PM with an offer to help me solve 3 things.

• Amazing.

I can see a lot of cool possibilities combining the features

presented in the demo game with some lighting/flashlight effects.

Map generation works flawless here.

• Will make a rogue-like "experiment" after I've finished my current game.

• Lunarovich are you still actively working on this plugin, or did you abandon it ?

• Is there a way to get the current room ID when looping through each map cell? I'd like to put different floor tiles for each room - for this each cell would need to know the room it is in.

• Sorry guys and girls. I was virtually away quite a while, using Linux. Therefore, I was unable to use Construct 2, which is very sad Since I've not found any sound replacement for C2, I was forced to revert to Win. So here I am again.

That said, I will soon look at the Rot.js state of development and will see how and if to improve the C2 plugin.

nuganx I've just seen your PM's. Will take some time to understand them, since it has been a while since I haven't touched C2 or Rot.js.

• Lunarovich It's awesome to hear that you're back developing this plugin, because i love it !

I have a couple of questions and suggestions about rot.js and the c2 plugin

• License
    • More wall infos
    • More floor infos
    • Nested level generation
    • Corridors wider then 1 tile
    • Corridors start/end point
    • Is corridor a dead-end
    • Corridor list (like rooms) for each corridor
    • Zones/sections
    • Is a circle FOV possible
    • Some more rot.js features

Do you know what I need to take care of in terms of the rot.js license?

Do I just have to credit it somewhere or do I have to do something else if I want to use it in a commercial project?

2. + 3.

The problem with level generation in c2 is that with events big loops or nested loops are slow compared to loops directly executed in js,

therefore would it be great to produce more information directly in js and output it to the c2 plugin.

for example:

v This would help v
    *########***########*
    *#......#***#......#*
    *#......#####......#*
    *#......D...D......#*
    *#......#####......#*
    *#......#***#......#*
    *########***########*
    *=filled #=wall .=floor D=door
    v This would be better v
    *########***########*
    *#......#***#......#*
    *#......#####......#*
    *#......D,,,D......#*
    *#......#####......#*
    *#......#***#......#*
    *########***########*
    *=filled #=wall .=floor D=door ,=CORRIDOR

v This would be almost perfect v
    *#TTTTTT#***#TTTTTT#*
    *L......R***L......R*
    *L......#TTT#......R*
    *L......D,,,D......R*
    *L......#BBB#......R*
    *L......R***L......R*
    *#BBBBBB#***#BBBBBB#*
    *=filled .=floor D=door ,=corridor 
    #=CORNER T=TOP-WALL B=BOTTOM-WALL L=LEFT-WALL R=RIGHT-WALL
    [/code:2kw35ik9]
    But the best would be a [url=http://www.saltgames.com/2010/a-bitwise-method-for-applying-tilemaps/]bitwise method[/url] to get a [url=http://www.cr31.co.uk/stagecast/wang/blob.html]"blob tileset"[/url] output 

It would be great if nested level generation was possible. 
    e.g. In the 1st run you create a couple of big rooms and in the 2nd run you fill these rooms with different level generation ( maze, cellular automata ...)

Is it possible to create corridors that are wider then 1 tile with rot.js

6. + 7.
    To know where a corridor starts and ends and if it is connected to a room or a dead-end is a good way to bring interresting gameplay to a dungeon crawler or roguelike, you can place loot in dead-ends so the player didn't walk the whole way for nothing and you can place traps or monsters on the start or end of a corridor.

A corridor list (like the room list) would help shorten the event loop count

With zones/sections I mean closed of parts of the level creation, 
    for example two "lumps" of rooms and they are only connected to each other with one door. In the first "lump" you could hide a key to the next section.
    There is a Template in the scirra store that does the same thing but its made with events and thus is not that fast but it shows good what I mean [img="https://static3.scirra.net/images/newstore/products/1500/download%20%282%29.png"]

Is a circular FOV possible with rot.js ?

Do you plan on adding some more of the rot.js functionality. 
    What I particular have in mind is: 
    [url=http://ondras.github.io/rot.js/manual/#lighting]Global lighting[/url] 
    [url=http://ondras.github.io/rot.js/manual/#noise]Noise generation[/url] 
    [url=http://ondras.github.io/rot.js/manual/#rng]some of the RNG stuff, especially "Picking a weighted value"[/url]

Omg what a post   
    I know this is a huge list and I hope you dont get me wrong, the plugin right now is very usefull as it is and i love it !
    Nevertheless or better especially because I like it so mutch would I greatly appreciate if you could get as mutch features from this list added to the plugin as possible, 
    because each of them would make the plugin this mutch more usefull.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if something is unclear (english isn't my native language, if you couldn't tell  ) or you need someone to test , feel free to pm me directly or just submit an answer here, I'm follow this topic anyway.
  • Hi everyone and bravo for this great plugin.

Is it possible to return a new seed after editing a level?

• Has anyone figured out how to increase the width of the corridors?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)