I am trying to build something like as in here - http://threejs.org/examples/webgl_inter ... inter.html
I understood that I have to use the Q3Draycaster for this and tried working my way with the plugin. I have looked at the example of Raycaster and viewports.capx in this regard.
However, I am stuck with some basic questions like -
1. how do I pickup the cube and limit the cube movement in 3d axis while moving it only the grid.
2. how to move it step by step on the grid in x or y directions (exactly into the square positions) along the grid
3. Should I make the grid a Q3DModel object having one single object OR multiple square Q3DModel objects connected together?
4. How can I place the cube only on top ( if there is a cube already at the bottom) etc., To do this, would I need to use collision testing feature as well?
5. I think I can pick up the cube using the 2 conditions - Q3DViewport projection point in frame to mouse co-ordinates and Q3Dviewport --> Project,pick 1st, then I see I can pick-up the cube? Then should I use Q3Draycaster to move the cube along the raycaster? If so, how can I move along the raycaster? (Also, I assume I have to position the Q3Draycaster to cameraposition.xw, cameraposition.yw, cameraPosition.zw and direct it at the highlighted cube model?)
Do you see this as relatively easy one to build OR slightly complex? Any quick helpful pointers on how to achieve this functionality would be really helpful.