Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • what the best way to create a skybox or skydome starbox etc with q3d for 3d sky not 2d one has anyone done this?

I guessing a transparent 3d sphere obj that has a mapping of a sky image on it of a sky, checking to see if someone has done it allready and has capx.

• You can throw it into a separate scene, using another q3d viewport / camera, then render your main viewport over the sky viewport.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you wouldnt happend to have a capx? that shows it. if not I will try and figure it out.

Thanks

• update: ok I got my q3d game code exported to cordova via intel xdk to a apk installed and tested on all my android devices. All others that I tested browser builds, linux and windows exe's no issues and iphone emu tested ok.

The black screen issue, did not show up on the emulators tests, It only happen on the real android devices and it turned out it was related to my 3d models being to large for mobile I am guessing to much gfx ram. And had nothing to do with q3d or c2. To be sure I tested the smaller 3d .json and .obj and the smaller files had no issues on my tablets and phone.

Only issues I see now is the game app speed as the game gets more complex , that will prob be the biggest issue.

• techjunkie

I don't think Q3D can really work in strict mode, it's a big architectural change and frankly Q3D wasn't designed to use it. Im not sure why cordova has that issue, it may be some weird setting that has to be changed somewhere.

• Trying to do a collision and it gives me this error. When one 3d object hits another or if it collides with it. Like (object) on collision/overlap with (object 1) add 1 to money delete object . For some reason it wont let me do this.

http://s24.postimg.org/tdk8highh/2016_04_12_201357.png

• post your capx I can take a look at it.

• http://www.mediafire.com/download/oc424 ... b/bug.capx

here is the link to the capx file.

• mediafire.com/download/oc424ukpcufbwtb/bug.capx

here is the link to the capx file.

Ok you cant collide a q3d model with a 2d sprite that triggers that popup function error.

So currently - ( q3d model on collison with sprite - destroy sprite ) - wont work :> one is 2d and one 3d or not designed to function that way is the simple answer.

Change it to (q3d model - on collison with q3d mode2 destroy 3d model2)

Create another q3d model object and change the sprite to q3d model2 and destroy the q3d model2

There are some things you can't do that is the 2d to 3d collisions, but you could still destroy a sprite after the collision but the collison needs to be between both 3d models on same layer.

but off the top of my head you could hide the 3d model2 no texture and turn off debug helpers and then place a q3d sprite instead above the 3d model then you get the same effect from 2d camera view.

first put the q3d sprite on top the qdmodel2

then try

( q3d model on collison with q3d model2 - destroy q3dsprite destroy q3d model2 )

I hope that helps.

cheers techjunkie

• I trying to figure out how to use the Q3D Oimo Physics for player/vechicle gravity movement and also using gravity on Z axis somthing box2d can't do for pulling and pushing the objects for angled top down 3d camera view.

with regular box2d physics I am using the apply force at angle for movement and using torque for turning.

this is what I am using now -

Apply Physics force value # at angle self.Rz

ApplyPhysics torque at -# value

What is the equlivent on Q3D Oimo Physics behavour, as I do not see any angles in the physic force and torque actions, I see offset's but so far I have not been able to recreate the same gravity movement like in and box2d.

• techjunkie

"angles" don't particularly exist in any simple way in 3D. For this reason 3D physics use vectors to indicate directions of forces/torques (this is pretty standard practice, you wont find much 3D math/physics relying on a system which uses angles since they can have weird singularities/gimbal lock). You'll have to apply 3D force with the directions/components of the angle you want to point at. use sin/cos. something like x:cos(self.Rz),y:sin(self.Rz), depending on how you want your coordinate system set up.

• ok thanks I have only used box2d physicis behavour up to this point and its not the same, I guess it dumb'd down by hiding what going on it background, I have some basic direction and rotating movement working and basic collisons, just the turning on angles. there not allot of information or any examples on how to use that physics behavour. Is Q3D Oimo Physics based on Oimo.js ?

So I see I have some research and reading to do on this, that helps me thanks

techjunkie

"angles" don't particularly exist in any simple way in 3D. For this reason 3D physics use vectors to indicate directions of forces/torques (this is pretty standard practice, you wont find much 3D math/physics relying on a system which uses angles since they can have weird singularities/gimbal lock). You'll have to apply 3D force with the directions/components of the angle you want to point at. use sin/cos. something like x:cos(self.Rz),y:sin(self.Rz), depending on how you want your coordinate system set up.

• techjunkie

Yes, it's based on oimo.js, however I've modified it somewhat to include extra features/fix bugs.

• Sam Mortimer -> there is a set resolution action in Q3D Master.

Doesn't fix the bug, but it does provide a semi-solution: I've made the game so that when the player sets render quality to low and q3d is being used, construct 2 render quality actually remains high but the q3d master renders at a lower resolution.

This almost works, except the non-q3d hud elements on top are still rendered high quality. Meh.

• QuaziGNRLnose hi sorry for re-posting this question but ... by any chance can you share a capx that shows how to generate a terrain map? similar to one of this examples?

i tried creating a new plane and play with the settings but i have no idea what im doing ... a simple capx file wold help a lot ... that if its even possible...

Edited: have played a bit more with some objects and manage to do this next test... i know my math is spaghetti meat balls... but for some reason i cant manage to make the block turn and look towards the right direction any math guru can help me?

basically i want the blocks when they are created to face and rotate towards the next one in front of it (deeper Z or with a higher Z value) so the final look should be like a low poly road made out of boxes.... that binds into a hill climb left right cornering similar to R0J0hound outrun plugin... but not having the image point in the margin of a image its a bit difficult cause increasing the size of the road wold not morph properly...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)