Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Also, how can I use multiple textures on an object? For example, most buildings and people have textures for certain aspects of the model

Texturing should be done at the mesh level, with UV's exported as part of the .obj file. That's the way I did it in the tiny tank demo, and the way it should be done for any game. A single .obj mesh can be comprised of many geometric primitives, all sharing the same texture.

You need to UV unwrap your mesh, then create a texture which contains any graphics you want (all in the same image), then map the individual polygons to the respective areas on the texture map. This can be done in most 3D programs. (I recommend blender, it's free) Alternatively, you can create multi-part objects on the Q3D level (instead of the mesh level), which each have their own materials. This isn't optimal though (and should not be done in any real game): it's highly recommended to bake as much geometry as you can into single meshes, to have minimal separate objects on the Q3D level, to minimize cpu bottlenecking.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • QuaziGNRLnose i bought the plugin but i feel lost...maybe before you sell the plugin you've got to upload video tutorials from importing models to c2 to i dont know maybe how to make a simple side scroller with q3d like lets say flappy bird clone or a mario clone. or anyone else please upload a tut. i export my obj from blender i import it in c2 project's folder and the only think i see is a grey grid in black backround...im sure its working but i dont know how...thats the reason i said above that documentation is vital before releasing

• >

> Also, how can I use multiple textures on an object? For example, most buildings and people have textures for certain aspects of the model

>

>

Texturing should be done at the mesh level, with UV's exported as part of the .obj file. That's the way I did it in the tiny tank demo, and the way it should be done for any game. A single .obj mesh can be comprised of many geometric primitives, all sharing the same texture.

You need to UV unwrap your mesh, then create a texture which contains any graphics you want (all in the same image), then map the individual polygons to the respective areas on the texture map. This can be done in most 3D programs. (I recommend blender, it's free) Alternatively, you can create multi-part objects on the Q3D level (instead of the mesh level), which each have their own materials. This isn't optimal though (and should not be done in any real game): it's highly recommended to bake as much geometry as you can into single meshes, to have minimal separate objects on the Q3D level, to minimize cpu bottlenecking.

Thank you! Ill take that advice.

What should I do for first person view? I am confused on how I can make the camera look left or right with the mouse, I have up and down working

Sorry for all of the questions, but how is events trigger in 3d space? Like how Unity has a "trigger" where you can have a hidden or fake object that detects collision and can trigger events.

• Just played tiny tank.

This will be so useful on so many different levels, especially for 2.5d games and the like, and for true 3d stuff like tiny tank too.

Wow...I think I'm still in shock...

Really impressive QuaziGNRLnose.

• Anybody done a fps demo yet? Maybe something based on quake? Or just original...really, anything would be neat to see.

• TiAm

i am trying to do a fps demo, just cant grasp the first-person-view camera motion yet, I have the up/down motion I just cant find out how to do left/right

• QuaziGNRLnose i bought the plugin but i feel lost...maybe before you sell the plugin you've got to upload video tutorials from importing models to c2 to i dont know maybe how to make a simple side scroller with q3d like lets say flappy bird clone or a mario clone. or anyone else please upload a tut. i export my obj from blender i import it in c2 project's folder and the only think i see is a grey grid in black backround...im sure its working but i dont know how...thats the reason i said above that documentation is vital before releasing

there are 3 simple capx examples on the first post, look at those, i'll add more for more advanced functionality with time don't fret, but those should be enough to get you started.

• >

> Also, how can I use multiple textures on an object? For example, most buildings and people have textures for certain aspects of the model

>

>

doese it handle .bvh files animations

is there a special way to export this obj whit UV in blender , any quick how to do so

• The only thing you have to do is check the "export UVs" option and it should all work out when exporting to .obj

if you want to know how to UV map things within blender, you should try looking up some blender tutorials

• First steps into a fps inside Q3D, still need lots of stuff added, its VERY limited right now ill mess around and see what I can get done with the little info we got now.

Still needs:

Freely move camera

Fire bullets

Freely move walking/ running

Enemies spawn

Shoot at and kill enemies

Possibly some form of enemy AI?

https://googledrive.com/host/0B8m5DDRra ... lpdy1qcDg/

• GameThirsty

How long did it take you to make that?

I am planning on buying the 3D plugin looks amazing! Will buy it after my exams.

Does the plugin work on iOS or Android as a native app? or just on HTML5?

• First steps into a fps inside Q3D, still need lots of stuff added, its VERY limited right now ill mess around and see what I can get done with the little info we got now.

Still needs:

Freely move camera

Fire bullets

Freely move walking/ running

Enemies spawn

Shoot at and kill enemies

Possibly some form of enemy AI?

https://googledrive.com/host/0B8m5DDRra ... lpdy1qcDg/

can modfy some code and the use drag and drop plugin

combinding plugins with like pin to imagepoint to pinhandler and sprite to arrowkey move drag up down right left , pinning to 8 directions and pathfinding the posibleties are endless ,

gun pin to q3D or pinhandler or set position to invisible imagepoint pinhandler

using creative try and fail ..

• QuaziGNRLnose i managed to import a model and looks great. the position of the camera and objects is a littel hedache but as i saw in your previous posts (some screenshots of the editor) i think that you're working on it.

• The only thing you have to do is check the "export UVs" option and it should all work out when exporting to .obj

if you want to know how to UV map things within blender, you should try looking up some blender tutorials

ok ... is there an converter from blender file.blend to json tree .js file u know of ?

• i think he means that in blender internal rendering system (cause in cycles i think after 2.71 will be bake option available) you have to bake your uv textures. and after baking them save the image file to jpg (or png but ididnt try it).then you add your model and your jpg file to the files folder in c2.at least it worked for me. just watch some tuts of how you can bake uv textures in blender.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)