Q3D Tips&Tricks

0 favourites
  • Can anyone explain to me how to create multiple scenes, pick them, add objects to a specific scene and render them manually? I'm looking to render one scene over another.

• Can anyone explain to me how to create multiple scenes, pick them, add objects to a specific scene and render them manually? I'm looking to render one scene over another.

do you have an example of what actually you want to do? cause what you said there its not actually easy to do..

• Basically, this..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1904 ... ansparency

Also, another need for this is the ability to create skyboxes. If I have two scenes, I could have the skybox rendered first in one scene, and then render the other scene.

• Basically, this..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1904 ... ansparency

Also, another need for this is the ability to create skyboxes. If I have two scenes, I could have the skybox rendered first in one scene, and then render the other scene.

sorry man i have no clue what you are meaning by skyboxes, or what the link is about im a newbie as you are also when comes to threejs and q3d you may be able to find some proper answers here. really sorry i cant understand what you actually want to create maybe a more graphical example of what you want to do will help me understand better. but then i think its not possible to explain it in a graphical way, for the things you want to recreate.

• , I actually have some experience working with three.js. I'm not completely familiar with the workings of q3d though. I just want to control the rendering of multiple three,js scenes and render them ontop of each other, but I'm not sure if q3d allows a way to do that- to control which scene is rendered, manually clearing them, depth buffer, and things like that. Adding models/objects to specific scenes, removing them from scenes, etc..

• Guys, can anyone tell me if there is a way to export smoothing groups in json?

• but still I prefer skeletal animation..... this plugin... really a mess...

• the new audio visualiser example capx was added on first page of the topic.

you mean the setup is simple, the math looks a bit difficult. but i love it.

Topic where we initially started the discussion.

there is no hard math there, outside the cos() sin() placements i did for 1 row of blocks. the rest is simple + , - , / , *

the long strays of numbers due to the fact i was to lazy to place the info into 1 variable, so i used the default audio.binfrequencybinat("audio",0, block.id)

"audio" <-tag of song

0 or 1 or 2 <- number order of the audio effect, in the order they are added on start of layout in audio effect order wold be 0 is first, 1 is 2nd , 2 is 3rd effect.

block.id <- order number on spawn, that is used to get the audio.beat level information at that block.id order in the song.

as you can see i made a repeat 100 loop for each row of blocks, and then picked them up based on frame, the first row is the back one when game plays, it has the default frame,

the second row is the white one mid picked by frame 1

and first one in front is the row with frame 2

then i just repeated the binfreaquency for each of it if audio.rmslevel is not equal with infinity so we dont break the game. (the infinity check is doing a sort of everytick), since infinity isn't reached unless song brakes cause of fps suddenly dropping or cpu utilization spiking.

the rest is basic rgb color set, and sizes divided by some numbers based on resulted value of the audio.frequencybinat with different analyser effects that have different FFT sizes and smoothing as you can see on start of layout.

other expressions used abs(anynegativenumber) gets turned into positive number (ie. abs(-1)=1)

hope i didnt made it more confusing for you. if you follow the Construct2 analyser effect you will see its not big difference, but the fact i dont use rms and peak level, since they are basically the same data, just with different lengths.

so frequencybinat gives u a more accurate song beat detection.

the only thing new compared with the official example, is that i added 3 analyser effects instead of one

P.S i always forget to comment the capx, when im doing something, sory for that.

• thanks for the details on the visualiser.

• Is it at all possible to "scroll" a UV map via offsetting, on a 3D object In Q3D, so it infinitely loops in a particular direction?

Thanks!

• Is it at all possible to "scroll" a UV map via offsetting, on a 3D object In Q3D, so it infinitely loops in a particular direction?

Thanks!

i think so, been a while since i used it, but it may be possible, take a look at the official example that has tiled floors!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Is it at all possible to "scroll" a UV map via offsetting, on a 3D object In Q3D, so it infinitely loops in a particular direction?

>

> Thanks!

>

i think so, been a while since i used it, but it may be possible, take a look at the official example that has tiled floors!

It is possible. Q3D gives direct control over UV offset in the event sheet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)