PubNub Multiplayer Plugin

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • jayderyu

By other security/logins, do you mean clay.io could work well? Like what if we somehow got this working with it's multiplayer room feature?

• I was thinking the same thing ill try it and see what happened

• I think we got there attention i'll be in contact with them and i'll keep you guys posted.

Doron (PubNub Agent), Jun 26 01:45 (PDT):

Hi Antonio,

Ok, I think we're getting point :) With game projects that are slated for development and release we would of course be motivated to bring the SDK up to date. Any specific projects you can tell us about will help to expedite. Our client solutions engineer is copied on this communication.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jayderyu

By other security/logins, do you mean clay.io could work well? Like what if we somehow got this working with it's multiplayer room feature?

jayderyu

As one solution yes, you could also use Google, FB, Twitter... Clay.io is one of them.

The problem is that the client will login with clay.io(not sending pubnub login info). but then how does the server(ie your server logic) get data from clay.io. It can't. the server is not authorized.

Which means

client logins in to clay.io

client recieved pertinent information

client sends pubnub info

pubnub sends info to EVERYONE including specified server

server does processing

server sends 1 client data update to pubnub

pubnub sends to EVERYONE

the target client process, other clients ignore

the solution is that clay.io upon a successful login. Can give the client a temporary passkey. The pass key can be used to access the players data relating to the game.

client logs into clay.io

client received info and passkey

client sends passkey to ..... pubnub

pubnub sends passkey to ..... everyone :(

yeah. I suggest using pubnub just for channel meet up and play. I would do everything else using Clay.io. including room managegment :)

I'm not saying not to use pubnub, just know what pubnub should be doing, and not doing. :) otherwise it looks great for a mix of clay.io + PubNub. great combo here :)

• jayderyu

I'd like to try getting clay to work with PubNub. I PM'd you.

• As an FYI I love going into networking theory, but my goal is to work on Bubble Server. Bubble Server is written to be C2 friendly, useable for both Client AND Server logic, while providing tools to get Mp game going easily. So giving solutions to other tools are in the end counter productive to my own agenda, but I can offer advice and a direction to achieve. Just not final solutions :D :)

SpacialPumpkin

Here is how you should do it. use Clay.io to do everything in the multiplayer setup. Room setup, room names, chatting, room propertiers(number of players, maps...)... so on ect. Once the room is defined. Send the room info to each player. then the players connect to the pubnub room.

I didn't create Clay.io, and I'm not an expert. So anything Clay.io related is definitely better to talk to Austin :) and use the Clay.io thread. Once you get all that done. Then pubnub thread for info :)

• jayderyu

Okay thanks :) Also good luck on bubble server...the community really needs it.

• I have tried to get clay.io to work with pubnub, after banging my head countless times. Clay.io works perfectly, but when i get two players in

one room it is so laggy. I have talked with pubnub techs and they are goin to put together a example showcasing a simple MP game, so i'll just wait till then. If not guess ill wait on bubble server:)!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)