[plugin] rex_gfsm, [behavior] rex_fsm

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • What are the advantages of the FSM plugin and behavior in contrast with a text global variable that I can change its value/state ?

• Cipriux

Sure this plugin/behavior could be replaced by global/local variable and c2 functions

• Add 2 level case-switch (if...else...) to determine next state

- 1 level for each possible current state, another level to decide next state

• Add some glue logic to trigger "exit previous state, enter current state" event (condition), or "on state changed" event, etc.

This plugin/behavior wraps the previous/current state (global/local variable), "next state" conditions, and state transition events (exit previous , enter current state, etc..) into an object (plugin). It might be more readable.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • rexrainbow

Thank you for explaining it

• rexrainbow

I'm not sure if I haven't understood the way the behavior works or if a bug, but if an object has 2 FSM behaviors, and when "State Transfer Logic" is triggered, it gets triggered for both the FSM behaviors.

For example, a sprite has FSM1 and FSM2 behavior.

On FSM Tranfer logic > Add 1 to Variable.

On FSM2 Transfer logic > Add 1 to Variable.

On Start of Layout > FSM2 Request.

This results in Variable = 2.

Or just add 1 to Variable on FSM Transfer logic, and it triggers on FSM2 request.

I don't understand if this is how it is supposed to happen or a bug.

• rexrainbow

I'm not sure if I haven't understood the way the behavior works or if a bug, but if an object has 2 FSM behaviors, and when "State Transfer Logic" is triggered, it gets triggered for both the FSM behaviors.

For example, a sprite has FSM1 and FSM2 behavior.

On FSM Tranfer logic > Add 1 to Variable.

On FSM2 Transfer logic > Add 1 to Variable.

On Start of Layout > FSM2 Request.

This results in Variable = 2.

Or just add 1 to Variable on FSM Transfer logic, and it triggers on FSM2 request.

I don't understand if this is how it is supposed to happen or a bug.

BUMP,

also running into issues with the On State transfer logic, to the point where I feel like it's more of a bug then my own fault. When is a For Each appropriate?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)